We are looking for a Cybersecurity Lab Engineer to join our team. This position will analyze, test, and validate Delphi products to ensure they meet a specific level of cybersecurity standards. The standards to measure by, will also be determined through this role both for internal and external use. Help to design and develop future automotive cybersecurity solutions through strategic partnerships. Work with engineers across the organization to engage teams and develop proof of concepts with the main focus of securing automotive electronics. You will actively participate in the industry standards consortia, the creation of government regulations, and the exploration of leading-edge technology with academia. Perform or procure vulnerability assessments and penetration tests on Delphi products. This position is located in our Fenton, MI office.
- Provide comparison and updates on documentation of services by outside vendors
- Assist product teams with implementing security through design by troubleshooting, penetration testing, adding cryptography, etc.
- Work Advanced and Technical Development Projects as required
- Lead red team testing activities as needed on Delphi products
- Participate in technical committees and industry activities
- Perform cybersecurity assessments throughout the development life cycle of a Delphi product
- Stay abreast of new software and securitytechnologies
- Support cybersecurity activities across Delphi, including manufacturing systems
- Work with cross divisional team to roll out security protocols to divisions
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years penetration testing or red team testing
- 2+ years of experience with embedded systems
- 1+ years of experience in an engineering work environment
- 1+ years of experience with industry standard encryption, certificate management, and wireless communication protection
- 1+ years of experience in-vehicle data communication protocols such as CAN, LIN, SENT, Flexray, Ethernet
- Bachelors of Science in Information Assurance, NetworkSecurity, ElectricalEngineering, Computer Science or Computer Engineering or similar field
- High level of intellectual curiosity
- Working experience in the automotive industry
- Experienced in interfacing through different debugging and programming ports. (I2C, SPI, JTAG, UART, SWD, etc.)
- Software / Hardware Reverse Engineering
- Experience in hacking embedded systems either formal or informally.
- Experience implementing cybersecurity mitigations (encryption, certificate management, TLS, wireless communication protection, firewalls, etc.)
- Familiar with formal software development processes
- Experienced in embedded software development (C, C++, Java) in ARM, or similar processor
- Working experience with POSIX based OS(s) e.g. Linux, QNX, etc.
- Working experience with Hardware Trust Anchors (HSM, TPM, etc.)
- High level of oral and written communication skills.
- High level of interpersonal skills to work independently and effectively with others.
- High level of analytical ability where problems are unusual and difficult.
- Demonstrated technical and professional skills in job-related area required.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Familiar with requirements tracking systems e.g. IBM’s DOORS, Polarion
Delphi Rewards and Advantages:
- Competitive compensation with bonus potential
- Competitive health benefits
- 401K with matching contribution
- Learning and development opportunities
- Discount programs with various manufacturers and retailers
- Recognition for Innovation and Excellence
- Opportunities to give back to the community
- Meaningful work that makes a difference in the world
- Dynamic, global career experiences
- Work alongside the best and brightest in the Industry
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)
Delphi is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for positions with Delphi must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Req Number ENG-17-01079