Position: Cybersecurity Engineer
Location: Atlanta GA
Duration: 12 Months
- IDS/IPS, penetration and vulnerability testing
- Firewall and intrusion detection/prevention protocols
- Secure coding practices, ethical hacking and threat modeling
- Windows, UNIX and Linux operating systems
- Virtualization technologies
- MySQL/MSSQL database platforms
- Identity and access management principles
- Application security and encryption technologies
- Secure networkarchitectures
- Subnetting, DNS, encryption technologies and standards, VPNs, VLANs, VoIP and othernetwork routing methods
- Network and web related protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, routing protocols, etc.)
- Advanced Persistent Threats (APT), phishing and social engineering, network access controllers (NAC), gateway anti-malware and enhanced authentication
On any given day, you may be challenged to:
- Create new ways to solve existing production security issues
- Configure and install firewalls and intrusion detection systems
- Perform vulnerability testing, risk analyses and security assessments
- Develop automation scripts to handle and track incidents
- Investigate intrusion incidents, conduct forensic investigations and mount incident responses
- Collaborate with colleagues on authentication, authorization and encryption solutions
- Evaluate new technologies and processes that enhance security capabilities
- Test security solutions using industry standard analysis criteria
- Deliver technical reports and formal papers on test findings
- Respond to information security issues during each stage of a project?s lifecycle
- Supervise changes in software, hardware, facilities, telecommunications and user needs
- Define, implement and maintain corporate security policies
- Analyze and advise on new securitytechnologies and program conformance
- Recommend modifications in legal, technical and regulatory areas that affect IT security
- Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor?s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Assurance or related field.
Preferred Certifications- One or more of the following:
- : Certified Ethical Hacker
- : Cisco Certified Network Professional Security
- / / : GIAC Security Certifications
- : Certified Information Systems Security Professional
In this intermediate-level position, you will be developing security for the company?s systems/projects and handling any technical problems that arise.
Serves as the first level escalation of response in the case of security breaches and infractions, escalate issues immediately to the Security Management and work with the appropriate team members to resolve the issue as soon as possible. Works with Department stakeholders, Infrastructure teams, IT leadership, appropriate personnel, and IT Security and Risk team.
Conducts periodic security reviews/audits to ensure security measures are functioning properly and continue to meet security policies. Occasionally provide on-callsupport for off-hour security breaches, system monitoring, and othersecurity incidents and works with Department stakeholders, Infrastructure teams, and IT leadership to implement a practical, scalable, and secure model for County applications, networks, and services.
Develops and documents technical security procedures and protocols and ensures that protocols are communicated with all users of County IT assets and is easily accessible. Identifies new security practices or trends and works withInfrastructure and IT Security teams to determine their applicability and effectiveness. Conducts periodic security reviews/audits to ensure security measures are functioning properly and continue to meet security policies. Monitors and analyzes network traffic and works to identify intrusions, or security breaches, and performs penetration tests to detect system intrusions.