Our purpose, to improve customers’ lives by making healthcare work better, is far from ordinary. And so are our employees. Working at Premera means you have the opportunity to drive real change by transforming healthcare.
To better serve our customers, we’re creating a culture that promotes employee growth, collaborative innovation, and inspired leadership. We are committed to creating an environment where employees can do their best work and where best-in-class talent comes, stays, and thrives!
Our Cybersecurity Engineering team is entering a new era, bringing cybersecurity into the 21st century. As a Cybersecurity Engineer I and a member of the Platform Security Team, you will protect the Premera environment. This includes responsibilities such as daily triage, following and enhancing standard operating procedures, security assessment and implementation for new services and technologies at an enterprise scale.
What you’ll do:
- Assess new security tools and technologies by conducting proofs of concept and documenting the results in design documents
- Participate in design reviews and break down the vision to technologies and services needed for protecting customer data and enabling internal and external users to do their work more accurately and efficiently
- Work across IT and the business to understand the coming needs for the users so solutions can be developed proactively
- Responsible for security logging, endpoint protection, forward proxy, vulnerability management, system hardening, and monitoring technologies for the enterprise
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Business Administration, or related field or 4 years’ work experience
- Comfortable working on Linux and Windows operating systems
- Current certification in Cybersecurity, or ability to obtain certification
- Experience with scripting or programming languages
- A can-learn, can-do attitude, that works well in a collaborative and fast paced service team.