The Remote Sensing Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) team in Aurora, CO has an immediate need for an experienced Cybersecurity Engineer to support the strategic planning and tactical execution of Cyber Integration, Risk Management Framework (RMF), and Defensive Cyberspace Operations (DCO) activities for the Space Based Infrared System (SBIRS) in support of the Space and Missile Systems Center Remote Sensing Directorate (SMC/RS). Major duties of the position include:
- Ensuring that the cybersecurityarchitecture and design of the customer’s systems are functional and secure with the ability to protect, detect, and respond.
- Recommend mitigation efforts for cybersecurityevents.
- Overseeing system and network designs that encompass multiple computer and network devices to include those with differing data protections/classification requirements.
- Providing security engineering, integration services, technical assessments, and solutions to enable Defensive Cyberspace Operations.
- Defining system security requirements, assessing system securityarchitecture designs, and supporting the development and sustainment of an enterprise Risk Management Framework (RMF) Accreditation package through all lifecycle phases.
- Supporting cybersecurity activities for space, ground, operations, logistics, and sustainment elements of the Remote Sensing enterprise by identifying risks, issues, and interdependencies between system elements, contracts and stakeholders.
- Developing Defensive Cyberspace Operations and incident Response Tactics, Techniques and Procedures to monitor and protect the system from cyber-attacks.
- Collaborating with prime contractors, other supportcontractors, government civilians, and members of the Department of Defense.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required. BS in Electrical Engineering, Aeronautical, Communications Engineering (technical), Math, Physics, or similar.
- Current TS/SCI Clearance
- 14+ years of strong demonstrated systems engineering, with requirements and interface management, risk management, change boards and change board environment experience
- Strong, proactive engineer who takes the initiative to identify, own and solve customer problems.
- Experience managing operational transitions and fielding of complex satellite systems
- Knowledge of development lifecycle, project integration, schedule analysis and stakeholder processes
- Experience with the acquisition and deployment of space, OPIR, and ground systems
- Experience developing transition to operations plans, supporting design reviews and engineering boards
- Demonstrated experienceworking with Air Force/DoD customers in Operations and Sustainment environments
- Proven ability to provide technical analysis, program management insight and thought leadership to a government customer
- Experience writing and delivering technical documents and briefings
- Ability to travel periodically between Aurora and Colorado Springs, CO.
- Master’s Degree is preferred.