Project supports the IT engineering team of a major federal customer providing security services including cyber incident response, threat analysis and security operations support.
The Cybersecurity Integration Engineer will provide technical expertise and integration support working independently and/or with other engineers. The primary area of responsibility will be evaluating, integrating, and deploying new cybersecurity tools and capabilities. The individual will support the evaluation and deployment of new security technologies.
The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of cybersecurity in the domains of security operations, securityarchitecture, and baseline security standards.
This effort will require a skilled System Engineer with proven experience in System & Application integration.
- Support Project Leadership serving as Integrations Engineer and technical POC during requirements gather, system design, and implementation on assigned projects.
- Support with the development of high-level system and functional requirements
- Support Project Leadership with development of project major milestones and deliverables
- Perform system integration activities; support product evaluations, system builds/installation, system assessments, system transition (O&M)
- Draft supporting system documentation; system design, system diagram, system security plan, etc…
- Work hours are 8:00am – 5:00pm, Days Monday – Friday in Beltsville, MD.
- 4+ years of Information Security, Systems Integration, Network Engineering, or System Engineering experience or college degree and 1-2 years of proven hands on experience in a related field.
- Active Secret Clearance Required
- Strong troubleshooting skills, analytical problem solving ability, and organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Linux/Unix system engineering and security hardening experience
- Windows system engineering and security hardening experience
- Experience configuring and hardening networkswitches, routers, and firewalls
- Experience with IDS/IPS products (Ex: Snort, Suricata, Cisco, ISS, McAfee)
- Experience with network devices and boundary protections (Ex: Cisco Switching, Firewalls)
- Experience with Packet Capture & Inspection technology (Ex: RSA Security Analytics, Netwitness, Moloch)
- Experience working with Automated Dynamic Malware Analysis tools (FireEye)
- Experience with Information and Event Management technology (SIEM, Splunk, Syslog, RSyslog)
- Experiencing supporting Accreditation and Authorization process. Mitigating compliance audit and vulnerability findings.
- Experience working with Hypervisor and Virtualization technologies (VMware, Citrix, Microsoft Hyper, Red Hat)
- Experience with Domain Service and Central Service management and deployment (Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, WSUS, NTP)
Preferred but not absolutely required:
Years of experience
- 4+ in the Information Security, System Administration, or Engineering field
- Bachelor’s Degree Required