Business Group Highlights
Navy Marine Corps
The Navy Marine Corps business group provides end-to-end IT solutions to the Department of the Navy including transport, networking, end user hardware and services, cybersecurity and staffing. Using agile engineering and DevOps methods, we produce mission-specific solutions to solve the Fleet's challenges.
Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation's most important work. We're a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves-to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways-not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspecta's talented and robust workforce-14,000 strong-stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let's make an impact together.
- Identifies client or company security system issues or threats, runs analyses on security incidents and threats, and researches appropriate countermeasures
- Resolves client and company security issues related to security incidents and threats through independent analysis and/or research
- Uses extensive knowledge of the client's business and industry to help vendors tailor security software patches
- Develops, enhances and maintains a client's or company's security solutions based on client/company security system analysis, research and incident resolution
- Operates as a key team member on security teams and advises on methods to improve the security solution
- Position requires experienced Endpoint Security Admin who is responsible for the administration and management of security controls required in support of HBSS, McAfee Network Security Manager and VirusScan Enterprise (VSE) or other endpoint security tools
- The position requires working in a team environment monitoring systems and applications on a large-scale enterprise network in a DoD environment. This role includes analyzing vulnerability remediation notices, researching solutions, testing, applying policies and/or pushing solutions. This position also offers the ability to make a difference securing critical systems and infrastructure across all areas of cyber security.
- Evaluate, create and tune solutions such as HBSS Host Intrusion Protection (HIPs), ViruScan Enterprise (VSE), Device Control Manager (DCM), Symantec Data Center Security (SDCS) etc; events as required to allow legitimate network traffic and end point functionality. Serve as a member of the Signature & Policy /IA Integration.
- Apply all applicable STIGs, IAVM directives, and CTO instructions to the Cyber Defense architecture. Maintain 8570 required certification (Security+ or CISSP) to actively analyze server and workstation logs in order to analyze security events. Create exceptions and tune signatures required to allow legitimate network traffic. Actively analyze server and workstation logs in order to tune events. Apply knowledge of DISA STIG (Security Technical Implementation Guide) and support CCRI/CCORI Inspections. Produce documentation related to project deliverables.
- Available to work non-standard schedule. Available for on-call duty as required. Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors degree (or equivalent work experinece) required, preferably in computer science, engineering or related area of study
- Typically 4+ years of relevant experience
- 8570 required certification (Security+ or CISSP)
- DISA HBSS 201, 301 Certification
- US Citizen and Secret Clearance
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
Cyber and IT security knowledge
Understanding of Cyber and IT security risks, threats and prevention measures
Advanced security system analysis skills
Understanding of security standards and best practices
Advanced risk assessment and management skills
Basic understanding of network security