The Cybersecurity Manager will be responsible for executing cybersecurity projects, supporting planning efforts, and serving as a project or team lead to ensure high-quality delivery. This hands-on position will also oversee the technical work of junior-level personnel, as well as set performance expectations and provide constructive performance feedback on a regular basis. The Cybersecurity Manager works directly with other project leads, managers, and/or executives to communicate business and technical aspects of the work being performed and may also assist the engagement economics of the projects, including budget status tracking, billing, and collection analysis.
The Cybersecurity Manager will perform the following responsibilities:
- Conduct and lead Cybersecurity Projects, including:
- Cybersecurity Strategic Advisory
- Information Security and Risk Management Consulting
- IT Risk Assessment
- Cybersecurity Assessments
- Penetration Testing
- Choose based on industry: FFIEC Cybersecurity Assessments, HIPAA Assessments, etc.
- Cloud Security Reviews
- IT Security Technology Implementations
- Prepare reports or other necessary documentation to detail results of evaluation and otherwise meet the objectives of the Project.
- Submit recommendations to client for corrective action or to support a recommend approach to solving the client's needs.
- Participate in planning and implementing of client information systems, including structure, process, and security.
- Participate in strategic and tactical objectives to include new product offerings, identify additional client needs, and generating new business leads.
- Correspond with a variety of clients and communicate security issues, recommendations, and deliverables effectively.
- Evaluate and/or implement cybersecurity solutions and controls to ensure data security and integrity for our clients.
- Generate ideas for new cybersecurity solutions aligned with our clients evolving needs
- Bachelor's degree required, candidates must possess significant analytical skills, which likely evolved from early academic training in Cybersecurity, Information Systems, Computer Science, or similar discipline.
- Minimum 5 years of business experience in the areas of Information Security.
- Experience within consulting or professional services, or at leading industry public companies is preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years' of pentesting and cybersecurity assessment experience
- Prior experience supervising junior level resources in the areas of Information Security.
- Knowledge of internetworking technology.
- System and network administration experience on UNIX, Linux, and Microsoft Windows.
- Knowledge of security areas such as Auditing, Policy, Database Security, Firewall Design and Implementation, Risk Analysis, Identity Management, Access Management, or Web Services is very desirable.
- Strong writing and interpersonal communication skills.
- The ability to handle multiple projects concurrently.
- Ability to travel up to 60%
Additional Skills Desired:
- CISSP, OSCP, or other relevant information security or cybersecurity certifications
- Network Security Practices: Auditing, planning, design, implementation, testing, and management
- Microsoft Windows, Red Hat Linux, IBM AIX, and other UNIX/Linux variants
- Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policy
- Network architecture and protocols: TCP, UPD, IP, HTTP(S), DNS, NetBIOS, SMB, SSH, IPSec, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, TLS, and others
- Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, IBM DB2, and others
- Penetration Testing tools : Burp, Nmap, Metasploit, Empire, Cobalt Strike, and others
- Intrusion Detection, Intrusion Prevention, Security Information and Event Management solutions
- Cryptographic tools, suites, and algorithms