The Process Automation business is seeking to add aCybersecurity Business Development Manager who will be responsible for the generation of incremental cybersecurity consulting business by identifying new sales leads and project opportunities, prospecting for new end users and new sites with existing customers, developing necessary new customer relationships and supporting the NAM PA sales team to qualify and bid new cybersecurity projects.
This position will be primarily focused on the NAM sales region. In this role, the individual will provide input to define and develop strategic needs as it relates to PA’s automation offerings including cross functional business endeavors (e.g., ICSS) and be accountable for delivering business growth according to agreed objectives for PA’s NAM Business. This key role will drive planning, designing and positioning of cybersecurity solutions by defining vision, strategies, and tactics to address market shifts to enhance PA’s competitive position and advance business growth.
The Cybersecurity Business Development Manager is responsible for sales and business development activities of PA cybersecurity solutions. In addition, the Cybersecurity Business Development Manager will lead the sales and business development efforts related to key targeted Process Automation North American Cybersecurity Project Pursuits.
The Cybersecurity Business Development Manager will have accountability for developing and training sales and business development staff. The successful candidate should ensure that all sales pursuits are adequately managed and will lead the sales and business development efforts for the PA NAM Cybersecurity Project Pursuits. It is expected that high level relationships will be established with key clients. Schneider Electric’s PA Business is seeking two (2) Cybersecurity Business Development Managers – location include Chicago, Illinois and Houston, Texas. Strong collaboration will be required with the PA NAM Delivery team and the regional sales organization in all sales regions
- Develop demand and need for PA’s cybersecurity portfolio within new and existing customers and markets aligned to strategic objectives and goals.
- Interface with regional sales and business leads to implement and develop account specific strategies within key customers and markets
- Improve cybersecurity portfolio penetration across key focus customers with support of account managers through new solutions and services.
- Evaluate and pursue the execution of key medium-term business goals in identified focus areas and established accounts
- Work closely with strategy and product management teams to provide voice of market and customers, trends and development on competitive dynamics related to service and software portfolio
- Support development of business case for strategic initiative and drive implementation of selected strategie
This job might be for you if:
- 10+ years business development experience in the Petrochemical and Oil & Gas industries, preferably in engineering, systems, software and the services field.
- 5+ years’ experience in engineering, project management or operations within the Chemical, Oil and Gas industries a plus
- Degree in Business Management (preferred), engineering or equivalent
- Strong domain knowledge in Cybersecurity and its applications.
- Business management degree (preferred).
- Relationships with C-level executives within key client accounts in the process industries.
- Must be sufficiently mobile and flexible as the role will require substantial travel with ability to travel up to 50%
Required Skills and Experience
- Proven experience developing and implementing business strategies.
- Proven experience working in owner/operator environment in cybersecurity , process automation, process engineering, operations and maintenance capacity
- Experience in Strategy / Business Development role within a Cybersecurity / Automation / Engineering firm within various Process Industry verticals
- Analytical thinking, strong capability of project management and problem-solving skills, sound judgment and a willingness to resolve issues and problems in a timely manner
- Excellent communications skills with the proven ability to develop rapport and credibility across the organization, promote ideas and proposals persuasively
- Exposure to Strategy & Business Development in the North American market space.
- Proven ability to convert strategies into implemented business solutions driving sales and revenue within the Process Industries
- Proven ability to develop sustainable opportunity pipeline based on business plans