Eaton has an opening for a Cybersecurity Architect. This position will be located in Moon Township, PA.
The Cybersecurity Architect will be the lead subject matter expert in driving security initiative in Eaton product solutions. The architect will be responsible for:
- Responsible for defining cybersecurity requirements, architecting and designing server and cloud based products and systems related to industrial control systems
- Execute complex projects, tasks, and assignments with minimal or strong management direction, depending on project requirements
- Creating, maintaining and communicating the cybersecurity controls and architectures and ensuring that various technical leads understand the critical aspects of cybersecurity in their software, firmware and hardware design and implementation.
- Ensuring that the implementation of cybersecurity aspects of our products and solutions are sound and that can scale to meet our customers’ need.
- Performs research on new cybersecuritytechnologies and tools offered in the market place
- Functions as an internal cybersecurity consultant to various divisions across Eaton
- Develops and executes initiatives designed to increase the domain expertise and solution efficiency of the Cybersecurity to Engineering group as a whole.
This positionwill work with the Product CybersecurityWorking Group to ensure close coordination and compatibility of efforts to drivesecuritystrategies in Eaton.
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Computer Security, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or ElectricalEngineering
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in secure product development lifecycle including threat modeling, framing security policies, designing protection mechanisms and vulnerability assessment & penetration testing
- Minimum of 5years of experience reviewing source code for security vulnerabilities
- Minimum of 5years of experience in cloud architecture and design
- Must be legally authorized to work in US without sponsorship
- No relocation is offered for this position. Candidates must be located within a 50 mile radius of Moon Township, PA.
- Ability to manage diverse areas and large, complex projects.
- Ability to influence and work with various technical leads in different organizations.
- Ability to respond quickly and effectively to changing priorities.
- Ability to interface directly with executives and other senior leaders of different business units.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to explain technical concepts and present to BU leaders.
- Ability to foster collaboration across global development teams.
- Abreast of upcoming security development engineering tools, trends, and methodologies.
- Strong problem solving and reasoning ability, exhibiting technical innovation and creative solutions.
- Master’s in Computer Science, Computer Security, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or ElectricalEngineering
- Significant experience in applications security, networksecurity and systems security
- Interest and experience in all aspects of computer and networksecurity. From requirements gathering, designing, development, testing, user experience to operations.
- Experience designing security solutions for distributed systems.
- Understanding of security software solutions (IPS, Firewall, application firewalls, device security, encryption, etc.)
- Experience architecting and a track record of building progressively more sophisticated secure software
- Experience in cloud security desirable.
- Industry certifications such as, CEH, GICSP, GCCC, GSEC,CISSP desirable
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Electrical Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Requisition ID: 045753