Cybersecurity Academy Training Engineer
Education Santa Clara, California Portland, Oregon San Francisco, California Las Vegas, Nevada San Diego, California Seattle, Washington
Palo Alto Networks® is the fastest-growing security company in history and a seven-time Gartner Magic Quadrant leader for our innovation and products. We are a global cybersecurity leader, known for challenging the status quo. Our mission? We are out to protect our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. The result? Changing the world as we know it. If you're looking for a meaningful career, in a dynamic, creative, collaborative environment, you've found your next home.
The cybersecurity industry is facing severe shortages in talent. The Center for Cyber Safety and Education forecasts a worldwide cybersecurity personnel shortage of 1.8 million by 2022 and all analysts agree that cybersecurity education and training must be prioritized as the sophistication, complexity and sheer volume of successful cyberattacks increases and threatens our digital way of life. Palo Alto Networks dedicates significant resources to help address this shortage.
The Palo Alto Networks® Cybersecurity Academy provides academic institutions with curriculum, hands-on labs and faculty training to aid in preparing students for rewardingcareers in cybersecurity. The Academy Training Engineer enables Palo Alto Networks® Cybersecurity Academies to be successful in implementing and delivering Cybersecurity Academy curriculum into their degree and/or non-credit programs at the secondary and post-secondary education levels. In addition, you will work closely with the Academy team on program improvements and new product launches for the Academy channel.
- Oversee and deliver in-person and online faculty/instructor training for Palo Alto Networks® Academies
- Assist Academies with lab environment setup
- Provide program, curriculum and lab support to Academies
- Ensure curricula is mapped to regional/local guidelines to improve adoption in-region
- Provide academy partners with program and technical support
- Promote Palo Alto Networks certifications at local and regional events
- Recruit new academies in-region
- Plan, organize and execute events for the academic community such as competitions, and conferences
- Participate on Red or White teams at collegiate cyber defense competitions.
- Guest lecture at colleges and universities
- You can contribute to the creation of regional strategies for the Academy Program against key objectives and budget. Establish, track, and drive established metrics
- Build collaborative partnerships with those in your region including academies, students, instructors, government (national, state, local), and non-government organizations to help drive program strategy and proliferation
- Work with other company partners (i.e. U.S. Academy Program Manager, sales, university relations, CSR, etc.) to ensure academy engagement is in line with regional strategy
- 5+ years of experience in delivery of courseware and related business experience in the networking security
- A working knowledge of network operations, firewalls, virtualization, multiple operating systems, and Active Directory; Palo Alto Networks certification preferred
- You have experience with online instructing methods and delivery
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A./B.S.) in IT education or Cybersecurity; MS preferred
- A proven understanding of Cybersecurity or IT education in both the secondary and post-secondary education levels; instructing experience at one or more levelspreferred
- You have shown the ability to get results, able to monitor activities, analyze data, identify problems and develop solutions
- Provide technical support on core products taught by the academies
- Ability to travel up to 50%
Palo Alto Networks® is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.