he Financial Crimes Unit (FCU) brings together our Cybersecurity, Fraud, Physical Security and Resilience Planning capabilities to address the ever-growing and increasingly complex global security environment. It is a highly collaborative effort that greatly enhances BMO’s ability to rapidly prevent, detect, respond to, and recover from all security & crisis threats. This position offers a unique experience to learn from experienced leaders in the industry, join a team building the 21st century model for security and helping grow the good by protecting our customers and communities.
Our PAM (Privileged Access Management) team is a critical part of BMO Cyber Security practice that helps protects confidentiality, integrity and availability of BMO Assets. Privileged Access Management team provides 24*7 CyberArk, operations support with the goal of enabling ongoing, secure, and reliable PAM operations across the enterprise.
What will your typical day look like? As a CyberArk Specialist, you will partner with support teams to solve their access related problems, you will work on multiple CyberArk/PAM projects with a diverse team of Vault Admins and BA’s to define, deliver and lead the security and control aspects of complex PAM projects. You will actively participate in decision making with EIAM SLT, and generate innovative ideas to challenge the status quo. You will build and nurture positive working relationships with internal and external teams with the intention to exceed expectations.
In this role, you will monitor, restores service, changes, supports and handles day-to-day activities 7/24/365 required to run the mission critical CyberArk application for BMO. You will also provide customer service in support of cyber security. You will also build effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Anticipates and reduces complexity for others.
- Prepares and delivers presentations for senior management.
- Provides input into the planning and implementation of operational programs.
- Develops and documents procedures and processes, conforming to the industry best practices and Bank’s security regulations, policies and standards.
- Leads the preparation of end user reference materials.
- Gathers requirements and documents these requirements for use in various audits, reports, & projects.
- Acts in a larger project planning capacity, audits the quality of reports submitted by analysts and provides related coaching and support.
- Performs governance and oversight in support of the team, by producing and reviewing reports to ensure completeness and compliance to applicable standards.
- Monitors & maintains security tools and applications.
- Creates activity reports for security tools and applications.
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders in order to deliver on business objectives and to support operational activities for Information Security.
- Develops an understanding of organizational interactions and complexity to engage with the appropriate matrix areas.
- Actions service requests, transactions, queries etc. within relevant service level agreements.
- Coordinates and facilitates incident management activities. Includes deploying changes to the production environment and engaging 2rd party providers contracted to the Bank during an incident.
- Recommends approaches or changes to streamline and integrates security processes and systems in the organization, while considering Information Security methodology to improve overall efficiency.
- Provides technical Information Security subject matter expertise.
- Identifies opportunities to strengthen the capability of the Information Security organization at BMO, such as: sharing expertise to promote technical development and mentoring employees.
- Stays abreast of industry technical and business trends through participation in professional associations, practice communities and individual learning.
- Ensures consistent, high quality practices/work and the achievement of business results in alignment with business/group strategies and with productivity goals.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Provides specialized consulting, analytical and technical support.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently and regularly handles non-routine situations.
*This role requires that you are able to work after regular business hours and on-weekends (Saturday and or Sunday) in support of infrastructure changes that can not take place during the day and/or business hours.
*Remote on-call work will be required. Cadence is every 4-6 weeks for 1 week. On-call retainer is paid with minimum 3-hours for call-in.
*On rare occasions, on-site support requirements exist depending on whether you are located within driving distance of a major BMO datacenter location. If required, you must be comfortable coming to physical business locations to perform physical work as required.
* You will carry a BMO issued cellular device that is dedicated to you (not shared). When on-call, you will be paged via phone-call, and an e-mail alert from an automated platform when required. Typical call cadence is 2-3 calls per 1 week shift
- Minimum 5-7+ years of experience in CyberArk administration, including EPV, PSM, PVWA, CPM, PTA, and AAM. (Enterprise Password Vault, Privilege Session Manager, Central Policy Manager, Privileged Threat Analytics, Discovery and Audit, Application Access Manager )
- Min of 5 years of experience with analyzing and managing resolution of CyberArk issues including password management, session management, routing/firewall, account lockout etc.
- Min of 3-5 years of experience with supporting production issues, including Independently complete root-cause analysis and diagnosis , and recommending or automating approaches to streamline and integrate technological processes and/or systems to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness
- At least one certification in a related field, with strong preference for CyberArk certifications such as Defender, Sentry, CyberArk certified delivery engineer
- Detail-oriented individual with exceptional organization skills, including ability to work independently or as part of multiple teams.
- Strong analytical and innovative problem solving skills with the proven ability to exercise flexibility and judgment in assessing business issues and risks in a dynamic environment
- Typically between 4 - 7 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in in Business or Computer Science, or a related field of study or an equivalent combination of formal training, or industry / technical certifications or work experience.
- Has at least one certification in a related field, with strong preference for Information Security certifications from a well-recognized institution (e.g. (ISC)2, ISACA, SANS).
- Understanding and problem solving ability of IS issues within their business group, appreciating the scope of complexity that exists in the operating environment and the ways which security platforms impact that environment - In-depth.
- Experience in Information Security or with multiple areas of systems and computer operations (e.g. Identity & Access Management, IT operations, Certification & Key Management, Security Platform Administration, Security Incident Response)
- Understanding and problem solving ability of information security issues within their business group - In-depth.
- Partnering, communication, and negotiation skills to communicate effectively within the team and with technology and business partners - In-depth.
- Understands the scope of complexity that exists in the operating environment and the ways which security platforms impact that environment.
- Knowledge of Information Security support and operations concepts, practices, concepts, and technology obtained through formal training and work experience.
- Knowledge of Information Security processes, procedures and controls - In-depth.
- Knowledge of the technical and business environment and the corporate processes and procedures - In-depth.
- Understanding of Information Security risk and regulatory requirements.
- Deep knowledge and technical proficiency gained through extensive education and business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.