Argo Group, through its operating subsidiaries, offers high-quality commercial Property and Casualty (P&C) insurance products and services tailored to the needs of businesses and public entities. At Argo Group, we leverage the success, discipline and expertise of our people and an understanding of our customers' needs to provide a diverse portfolio of products and services. This approach helps those we insure drive down their ultimate cost through prevention and aggressive claims handling. Simply stated, our products and services help keep businesses in business.
Argo Group US currently has a challenging opportunity for a Cyber Underwriter. This is an underwriting position responsible for marketing, underwriting and processing of Cyber and Technology E&O lines of business.
Primary responsibilities are:
- Underwrite and analyze new and renewal small and middle market accounts. Products include primary and excess Cyber and Technology E&O
- Ensure proper utilization of underwriting tools to determine accurate classifications, rates, and premium charges.
- Pursue marketing initiatives so that a consistent communication of our products and services are provided to our appointed brokers.
- Assist regional manager and product leaders in further developing existing broker relations as well as establish new relationships to attract business opportunities.
- Actively participate in client and broker meetings, as required.
- Use market contacts to bring in other E&O business, gather and share market intelligence and cross sell Argo Pro and other Argo Group products.
- Participate in strategic and tactical planning
- Participate in special projects and assignments as requested.
Experience requirements are:
- Bachelor's degree and five plus years related insurance experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong relationships with cyber and professional liability specialist brokers in the U.S.
- Strong computer skills. Proficient in Powerpoint, Excel, Outlook, and Word.
- Excellent organization skills, very strong analytical, oral and written communication skills required.
- The ability to meet tight deadlines is essential.
- Strong customer service and teamwork skills and a professional attitude needed.
- Must be able to quickly evaluate the accuracy of data and information.
- Ability to interact and communicate with various levels of the organization to cross sell or address processing requirements.
- Ability to work independently with guidance and procedures provided.
- Ability to travel
In addition, you will share in those core values which are key to our success: having courage to do the right thing, inspiration/innovation/creativity, harnessing the potential of all individuals and sharing a commitment to excellence.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. If you want to be part of an organization that is built on integrity, trust and respect, where teamwork and individual excellence are valued, please submit your resume to us.