Description: Provide Intermediate level Software Quality Assurance/Testing Support. Monitor, analyze and test software during development in order to ensure quality. Perform software testing and installation activities on several collaborative Agile Scrum development teams. Responsibilities include test design and development, software integration, user acceptance testing, software installation support, development of test and release documentation, and customer support. Ensure software builds and baselines reflect accurate versions of software related to test phases. Evaluate COTS/GOTS solutions for alternative methods of testing. Ensure all test documentation is produced in accordance with customer standards.
Position Specific Responsibilities:
- Use test automation software programs which set up test trials and preconditions to examine product functionality, content and user friendliness.
- Simulate product performance, evaluate results and compare those results with predicted outcomes.
- Identify and document product problems or defects using bug tracking systems
- Analyze defects and send the product back to developers for modification if applicable.
- Review product requirements and specifications to foresee potential issues and provide inputs to functional requirements and advise on design
- Suggest ways to improve testing strategies, as well as utilize databases to create reports and presentations on any defects.
- Work in both Windows and/or Linux/Unix
- Work in a fast paced, agile environment
- Be a self-starter and work with minimal supervision
Security Clearance: Top Secret SCI – Willing to take Polygraph & comply with SAP Requirements
Education/Certifications: Education: Bachelor's degree in Math, Science, Engineering, Statistics, Engineering Management, or related discipline and three years plus (3+)' experience, or a Master's degree and one year plus (1+) experience in testing through a full system development life cycle including designing, developing and implementing test plans, test cases, and test processes is required. Four (4) years of additional test and evaluationexperience may be considered in lieu of degree.
Preferred: Foundation Certification in Software Testing, International Software Testing Qualification Board (ISTQB) or American Software Testing Qualification Board (ASTQB)
Key Requirements: Experience with one or more of the following:
- Performance / load / stress testing
- Data interface testing
- Data migration testing
- User interface testing
- Security testing
- Code coverage tools
- Systems integration testing
- Application server or OS setup and administration.