Job Duties and Responsibilities
Be the Guru of our elite team of Cyber Hunters who identify and defeat advanced persistent threats (APT's) and analyze patterns to profile adversary groups to protect and defend the largest intelligence target in the world. Use your expertise of hunting out the Black Hats playbook and identify anomalies and develop scenarios based on real-world cyber threat intelligence and conduct analysis on the associated data sets. You will work with the detection and incident response teams to hunt for adversary behavior and based on findings, develop logic to operationalize future detection by the incident response function. This Herndon based position will be Monday - Friday with Core Hours. At ManTech, you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Clearance Level: Top Secret SCI++
The CIRT Cyber Threat/APT Hunt Subject Matter Expert (SME) on this Agency-level Cyber Security Operations and Engineering support contract develops and implements an APT Hunt capability for the Government. The selected candidate shall have experience with host-based and network-based APT related commercial technologies.
Duties include but are not limited to:
· Construct and exploit threat intelligence to detect, respond, and defeat advanced persistent threats (APTs)
· Fully analyze network and host activity in successful and unsuccessful intrusions by advanced attackers
· Piece together intrusion campaigns, threat actors, and nation-state organizations
· Manage, share, and receive intelligence on APT adversary groups
· Generate intelligence from their own data sources and share it accordingly
· Identify, extract, and leverage intelligence from APT intrusions
· Expand upon existing intelligence to build profiles of adversary groups
· Leverage intelligence to better defend against and respond to future intrusions.
· Conduct advanced threat hunt operations using known adversary tactics, techniques and procedures as well as indicators of attack in order to detect adversaries with persistent access to the enterprise.
· Create and add custom signatures, to mitigate highly dynamic threats to the enterprise using the latest threat information obtained from multiple sources
· Conduct initial dynamic malware analysis on samples obtained during the course of an investigation or hunt operation in order to create custom signatures
· Develop and produce reports on all activities and incidents to help maintain day to day status, develop and report on trends, and provide focus and situational awareness on all issues. Reports shall be produced on a daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis capturing and highlighting status, preparedness, and significant issues.
· Correlate data from intrusion detection and prevention systems with data from other sources such as firewall, web server, and DNS logs.
· Notify the management team of significant changes in the security threat against the government networks in a timely manner and in writing via established reporting methods.
· Coordinate with appropriate organizations within the intelligence community regarding possible security incidents. Conduct intra-office research to evaluate events as necessary, maintain the current list of coordination points of contact.
· Review assembled data with firewall administrators, engineering, system administrators and other appropriate groups to determine the risk of a given event
· Maintain knowledge of the current security threat level by monitoring related Internet postings, Intelligence reports, and other related documents as necessary
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational, writing, communications, and briefing skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Demonstrated experience working APT-level intrusion sets
• Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience in Cyber Security, InfoSec, Security Engineering, Network Engineering with emphasis in cyber security issues and operations, computer incident response, systems architecture, data management
Familiarity with the following classes of enterprise cyber defense technologies:
• Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) systems
• Network Intrusion Detection System/Intrusion Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS)
• Host Intrusion Detection System/Intrusion Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS)
• Network and Host malware detection and prevention
• Network and Host forensic applications
• Web/Email gateway security technologies
CISSP or CEH
IAT Level III or CND-SPM
BS (bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, or other closely related IT discipline)
TS/SCI with Poly
Bachelor¿s degree or equivalent and ten to twelve years of related experience. Minimum of four years experience in technology/tools specific to the target platforms.