$80K — $100K *
Description:OCONUS Lead Engineer - Cyber Software Engr Sr Stf will PCS (Anticipated 3 yr) to Fukuoka, Japan. The OCONUS Lead Engineer (OLE) position within the program is the lead technical authority for sustainment and maintenance of all hardware and software systems within program scope across multiple geographically-dispersed OCONUS sites. In this role, the successful candidate will take on technical leadership by analyzing current LM and end user requirements, concept of operations, and system architecture to develop and lead tasking from the perspective of scope, schedule, and resource allocation. Role requires hands-on resolution of technical issues in parallel with project leadership responsibilities. Will have responsibility for the technical integrity of work performed and results associated with the Systems Engineering area of responsibility. Function will report directly to the Hanover Technical Leadership and Program Manager.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability.
- Providing technical guidance of all deployed operational system, ensuring process consistency within the program sites, and being responsible for the drive for increased efficiency across the program scope of support.
- Actively leading support of operations within the program scope, engaging with and taking assignment from the Hanover Technical Leadership and Program Manager to further system maturity.
- Identifying problem/concern areas and independently coordinating program resources (LM and subcontractors) to recommend solutions for implementation within bounds of program cost and schedule constraints. Developing recommendations and solutions for both immediate and long-term program needs based upon best overall cost/technical balanced solution.
- Providing leadership of anomaly investigations of technical problems, including becoming certified as an on-call site POC.
- Engaging directly with and providing concise, level-appropriate status and recommendations to program customers at all levels.
- Running internal project tracking and risk management processes.
- Ensuring team readiness for major system upgrades for multiple different HW/SW systems.
- Being primary program POC responsible for coordinating priority and schedule of OCONUS technical efforts being executed in line with program and end user goals.
- Preparing program inputs for MSRs, MORs, and other reporting, including internal and external interface coordination.
- Mentoring and helping to develop program OCONUS personnel.
- Working at a hands-on level, as well as the coordination and oversight level across multiple OCONUS locations.
- Routinely interacting with program leadership to coordinate asset support for work you're doing and initiatives.
- Candidate must have ability/background to quickly learn hardware and software systems not within current experience.
- Must possess flexibility to adapt to new and often changing operational requirements as well as new way of doing things in a cost constrained environment.
- Candidate will be required to travel periodically—sometimes on short notice.
- Must be available for after hours call-in and be able to adapt to flexible work hours as mission support requirements decide.
Valid through: 4/19/2021