NCI: As aCyber Software Engineer III, you will provide services in support of the United States (U.S.) Army Cyber Command’s (ARCYBER) mission, to direct and conduct integrated Electronic Warfare (EW), Information Operations (IO), and Cyberspace Operations, as authorized or directed, to ensure freedom of action in and through cyberspace and the information environment, and to deny the same to adversaries. Cyber Application Specialist III. Designs, develops, deploys, tests, and evaluates cyber systems and applications. Coordinates resolution of application issues, upgrades, and problems. Conducts application configuration and optimization. Develops and maintains manuals, drawings, system specifications, electronic and hardcopy files of customer installations, calibration records, maintenance records, and quality control information. Mentors mid-level and junior staff. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NCI's mission: To deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Experienced designer, developer, deployer, tester, and evaluator of software applications. Has developed and maintained manuals, drawings, and/or system specifications.
- Skilled in multiple programming languages and knowledgeable in Agile development approaches.
- Cyber Mission Partner Support function will advance collaboration, research, information sharing, strategy, and best practices between ARCYBER, its subordinate components, service components of USCYBERCOM, and other DOD cyber mission partners.
- Assist with the research and development of cyber capabilities to include, but not limited to, artificial intelligence, ICSs, cyber weapon systems, war games, and other cutting edge capabilities.
- Develop, test, and integrate DCO and OCO capabilities and solutions to protect critical infrastructure and assets and disrupt and neutralize the adversary’s.
- Provide “On Call” response teams to rapidly respond to cyberthreats.
- Identify, recommend, and develop solutions to synchronize and standardize global mission partner operations.
- Plan and conduct the full range (i.e., strategic, tactical, and operational) of cyber flag exercises and cyber training support, as required.
- IO training to include Cyber Operations Training, Network Traffic Analysis, Cyber Threats Detection and Mitigation, Malicious Network Traffic Analysis, CNO, Computer Network Exploitation, and CNO Attack and Defend.
- Current Information Assurance (IA) certification (required at performance start date): IAT II (CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP). IA Certification IAW DoD 8570.10-M.
- Clearance: Must possess the required favorably adjudicated TOP SECRET security clearance and favorable eligibility for SCI prior to start date; and must maintain the required TS/SCI throughout employment on this contract.
- Bachelor’s Degree 10 - 15 years practical experience.
This position requires the ability to perform the below essential functions:
- Sitting for long periods
- Standing for long periods
- Ambulate throughout an office
- Ambulate between several buildings
- Travel by land or air transportation 25%
- Job ID 2018-3053