$100K — $150K *
SEL is looking for a Cyber Services Engineer to help improve the reliability and secure operation of power system infrastructure. In this position, your first priority is to understand the security vulnerabilities and business requirements present in the power system infrastructure. You will then design, develop, test, and document any new system that a customer might need to improve power system infrastructure safety, performance, reliability, and security. A successful candidate has a technical bachelor’s degree in engineering, or computer science, including several years of experience in network security. If you are looking for a dynamic position in Cyber Services, then this position is for you!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Possess, understand and apply knowledge and experience of industrial control system security, including technical controls, security assessments, policies, plans and procedures. CISSP and/or GSEC or equivalent certifications required. Working knowledge of NERC/CIP compliance and/or NIST SP800 security requirements. Ability to obtain security clearance and related SEL products to complete complex assignments.
2. Identify security risks.
3. Design and implement new networking and security systems.
4. Provide feedback to internal SEL development teams to improve SEL products and services.
5. Create design documentation including specifications, processes, and drawings.
6. Travel to customer sites to commission systems.
7. Perform vulnerability assessments, audits, and tabletop exercises to improve an organizations security and compliance posture.
8. Develop automation and security tools that will assist in project commissioning.
9. Revise employee security protocols.
10. Respond to employee technical issues.
11. Model, teach, and apply SEL Values, Principles of Operations, and World Class Manufacturing Principles.
12. Understand. Create. Simplify.
13. Other duties as assigned.
B.S. in Engineering or Computer Science
5+ years relevant application experience with electric power systems, industry practices, and security practices and philosophies
Demonstrated knowledge of electric power system protection and control, integration and/or automation and communications applications
Demonstrated proven knowledge of electric power system design, studies, information and communication technology and protective relay applications
Willing to travel both domestically and internationally a minimum of 25% based on focus area
Strong writing, documentation, analytical problem-solving, and speaking skills
Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
Background check results satisfactory to SEL
Negative drug test result(s)
Electrical utility, industrial plant, consulting engineering, or system integrator experience
CISSP, GSEC, or NIST certification
Windows/Linux Systems Administration experience
CCNA/Network+ equivalent or higher networking knowledge
Experience with NERC CIP compliance requirements and audits
Scripting/coding/network automation skills (Python, C#, Ansible)
Charlotte, North Carolina
An Award Winning Company
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and geographies around the world.
Valid through: 4/25/2021