Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle's work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
Do you like solving the hardest cyber computing problems in the world, working on research projects you are passionate about, competitive mini basketball, and bumper pool? Battelle may be the company for you.
"From Silicon to Systems" - We are an elite, multi-disciplinary team, bringing together the brightest minds ranging from Physics to Computer Science, and Mathematics. We develop unique embedded security solutions for government and industrial customers.
Battelle has been trusted by elite government clients to solve some of the world's hardest security problems. We work in small agile teams to push the bounds of computing technology. Our high-powered computer labs include specialized software and hardware, so our engineers have everything they need to invent new Cyber solutions.
Our team is casual. We usually wear t-shirts and jeans. We are a close-knit group and enjoy participating in social activities outside of work. Whether it is visiting local restaurants, bowling, Korean BBQ, or paintball we always have a good time.
We encourage new ideas with our large Internal Research and Development (IRAD) program where engineers work on projects they are passionate about.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS
- Collaborate with the Battelle Cyber Trust and Assurance team developing state of the art integrated circuit security solutions ranging from design, verification, and testing of electronic devices, integrated circuits, and embedded systems.
- Identify and articulate strengths and weaknesses of solutions, conclusions and problem approaches during technical discussions.
- Works with internal stakeholders to support preparation of presentations and reports. May be called on to provide input, perform demonstrations or present on assigned tasks during customer meetings.
- Contribute to Internal Research and Development (IRAD) studies and may lead small IRAD tasks.
- Prioritizes and completes structured assignments with mentoring from senior staff. May seek guidance in identifying subsequent tasking.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computer Engineering, or related field of study, or equivalent experience
- 4+ years' experience in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computer Engineering, or related technical area
- Firm understanding and experience in semiconductor test and measurement techniques including electrical, optical, and/or structural characterization.
- Demonstrated experience designing, constructing, and operating custom test instrumentation.
- Solid understanding and experience with test scripting languages and communication protocols including NI LabView, MATLAB, Python, and GPIB, USB, Serial Automation.
- Must be a sole US citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a US government security clearance.
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computer Engineering, or related field with 0 - 6 years of experience, PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computer Engineering, Materials Science, or related field of study with 0-2 years of experience
- Strong bench skills, including digital and analog circuit prototyping, application specific test & measurement instrument design.
- Experience with numerical modeling techniques for Electromagnetic, photonic, and thermal physics.
- Experience in data visualization, signal processing, statistical techniques, and technical writing.
- Experience in reverse engineering, verification and validation, and/or device processing for fabrication of integrated circuits
- Familiarity with Python, MATLAB, C/C++, or C#
- Active Secret or Top-Secret Clearance