WWT is currently looking for a Cybersecurity Specialist with agile methodology experience to join our team supporting Customs and Border Protection (CBP) client located in Northern Virginia! Join this passionate team of industry-leading individuals supporting the best practices in Agile Software Development for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
As a member of the team, you will support the men and women charged with safeguarding the American people and enhancing the Nation's safety, security, and prosperity. CBP agents and officers are on the front lines, every day, protecting our national security by combining customs, immigration, border security, and agricultural protection into one coordinated and supportive activity.
Our programs thrive in a culture of innovation and are constantly seeking individuals who can bring creative ideas to solve complex problems, both technical and procedural at the team and portfolio levels. The ability to be adaptable and to work constructively with a technically diverse and geographically separated team is crucial.
The Cybersecurity Specialist with both strong cybersecurity and network security delivery skills will need to have a deep technical understanding of Cybersecurity practices, delivering secure and reliable hardware and software solutions in short sprints. They will work as an integral part of a highly productive team of seasoned technical professionals who thrive on supporting our customer's mission and growth objectives-- responsible for designing, developing, leading, and implementing secure application and infrastructure capabilities for a variety of legacy and modernized systems and applications.
They will work in close collaboration with software developers/engineers, quality assurance engineers, stakeholders, and end users within Agile Engineering processes. They must have a working knowledge of enterprise class information assurance requirements and network security and survivability.
They will also be responsible for supporting development of a spectrum of engineering artifacts that adequately, but succinctly captures system security requirements, application and network security design, and network security architecture. This position is responsible for ensuring that all assigned work activities are performed in a timely, secure, compliant and cost-effective manner while maintaining the highest quality of performance.
What you'll get o do:
Serve as a Cybersecurity Team member responsible for the Information Assurance and Security of application, database, and enterprise network services. Responsible for activities associated with delivery of Cybersecurity policy implementation and network solutions associated with customer-defined systems and software projects; basic responsibilities include:
- Implement Cybersecurity Program strategy
- Apply information security in accordance with National/DHS/CBP directives security policy including, but not limited to, , NIST SP 800-30, NIST 800-37, NIST 800-53a, NIST SP 800-61, NIST 800-171, DHS 4300A, CBP Handbook 1400-05D
- Assess entire system lifecycle requirements and network security impacts
- Support creation of, and ensure approval for, Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Risk Management Framework (RMF) Assess and Authorize (A&A) Process for development and sustainment projects
- Support program and customer management, and government Authorizing Official (AO) for all information security status, policies, and procedures
- Document DHS RMF Security Implementation Plan artifacts. Coordinate and assist development team with application artifact documentation
- Assist government personnel in preparing and presenting Information Assurance Compliance System (IACS) packages to the Control Assessor (SCA) Assess and analyze the current threat environment
- Enhance -- Implement Cybersecurity vulnerability/A&A hardening testing
- Optimize -- Cybersecurity development environment certification
- Architect & Engineer security -- develop security goals, capabilities, controls, and architecture
- Design & Implement security -- vulnerability management, build security into development
- Integrate & Test Security -- test patches and settings, document A&A artifacts
- Validate & Verify security -- validate patch status and software control status
- Implement security -- apply patches and security settings, performance incident handling and remediation
- Maintain security posture -- audit security settings, track security training, monitor threats, track reaccreditation
- Enable assurance for information security during all phases of agile software development and deployment
- Continuously evaluate and recommend innovative proven best business practices and tools to enhance defense-in-depth
- Identify, assess, and recommend zero-day cyber threat remediation
- Address Cybersecurity issues to help maintain Continuity of Operations Plans (COOP)
- Perform information security vulnerability testing and mitigate any nonconformance
- Supports reviews and audits of continuous system monitoring and contingency planning. Updates associated documentation as needed
- Create and manage Plan of Action & Milestones (POA&M)
- Implement and validate Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) requirements for all development and implementation projects
- Understand and assist developers with static code analysis processes
- Report and help investigate security-related incidents and security violations as requested by the Computer Security Incident Response Center (CSIRC)
- Monitor and inspect for approved software usage and implementation of approved antivirus and other security related software
- Develop and maintain security training programs are developed and maintained
- Manages experienced professionals who exercise latitude and independence in assignments, Leads, directs and reviews the work of a team who exercise latitude and independence in their assignments.
- Manages a team with a focus on policy, implementation of strategic initiatives and execution of day to day deliverables.
- Works to achieve, team objectives, operational plans with measurable contribution towards the achievement of results of the job function or completion of a project.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to pass CBP background investigation, criteria will include:
- 3-year check for felony convictions
- 1-year check for illegal drug use
- 1-year check for misconduct such as theft or fraud
- College degree (B.S., M.S.) in Information Assurance, Computer Science, Information Management Systems or a related discipline
- Certifications: minimum Security+ CE or equivalent, CISSP or CASP preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge DHS 4300A, "Sensitive Systems Handbook", and CBP Handbook 1400-05D, "Information Systems Security Policies and Procedures Handbook"
- Demonstrated knowledge of NIST Information Technology Security Special Publications (SP) 800 series, with emphasis on NIST SP 800-37, "Guide for Applying the Risk Management Framework to Federal Information Systems" and NIST SP 800-53A, "Guide for Assessing the Security Controls in Federal Information Systems"
- Professional Experience: Five (5+) years related technical experience
You're good at:
- Working knowledge of and ability to assist others in the use of information security provisioning and monitoring tools to support process improvement
- Working knowledge of Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) reporting requirements and processes
- Ability to apply advanced principles, theories, and concepts, and contribute to the development of innovative IA principles and ideas
- Experience working on unusually complicated problems and providing solutions that are highly creative and ingenious, exhibiting ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness
- Experience with continuous integration tools and environments
- Experience with scripting languages like Perl, VBScript, Ruby, etc.
- Experience with Computer Network Defense (CND) processes, procedures, and tools
- Acting independently to expose and resolve problems
- Demonstrated experience with HP Fortify Software Security Center
- Demonstrated experience with Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS)/Tenable Nessus Vulnerability Scanner
- Demonstrated experience with DISA Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) implementation and Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) tool usage
- Demonstrated familiarity and experience with Firewalls, Intrusion Prevention Systems, WebGateways, and/or enterprise Antivirus software technologies
- Demonstrated experience using IACS
- Demonstrated ability to identify and manage risk
- Understanding all elements of the DHS and CBP Cybersecurity policies and requirement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong collaboration skills and desire to work within a team
- Highly responsible, team-oriented individual with very strong communication skills and work ethic; self-starter