Cyber Security Specialist II
Less than 5 years experience • Accounting, Finance & Insurance
Cyber Security Specialist II
Apply NowSave JobJob ID 2018-7784Date posted 07/10/2018Locations Johnston, Rhode Island;
More information about this job:
Overview - External:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
Responsibilities - External:
FM Global is continuing to invest in cyber security and theCyber Threat Operations and Engineeringteam is growing. We are looking for an experienced and dedicated cyber professionaltocomplement our existing team. _The Cyber Threat Operations and Engineering team is responsible for the implementation, operation, maintenance, and growth of technology solutions intended to mitigate cyber security threats. These solutions range from network security technologies like firewalls, URL filters, intrusion detection/prevention systems, advanced threat prevention technologies, and web application firewalls to server and endpoint solutions such as filesystem monitoring, filesystem encryption, vulnerability management and malware detection/prevention agents. This team is also responsible for ensuring that documented standards and processes for all aforementioned capabilities exist and are consistently followed.
The successful candidate will take pride in the quality of their work, and the effectiveness of the cyber security controls for which they are responsible. They should also be excited to learn new technologies while bringing tobear knowledge from pastexperiences. They should excel whenindependently performing day to day operation of security infrastructure technologies such as Firewall, AV/EDR, DLP, e-mail security, encryption etc.
Qualifications - External:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Security / Assurance, Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience or technical training with a non-related degree
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in information technology, security administration, business analysis, risk, audit, compliance, computer forensics, network perimeter security or other related discipline.
Skills and Abilities
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent nterpersonal Skills
- Ability to coordinate activities with team members and other stakeholders.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must have a strong work ethic, and a positive attitude.
- Ability to work independently or on a team
- Ability to multi-task and change priorities with effective results.
- Working familiarity with at least one of the following areas: operating systems, databases, systems, networks, application development.
- Understanding of computer vulnerabilities, hacker methodologies and other threats.
- Working knowledge of MS Office suite, especially Excel. PowerBI Preferred.
- Ability to leverage various sources of information (articles, webinars, Internet, etc.) to gain accurate knowledge of current security threats, vulnerabilities and mitigating strategies to address them.
- Working familiarity with at least one security, technical, or risk discipline.
- Ability to work with vendors and resellers, handling vendor/reseller relationships, and bringing available resources to bear to solve problems or realize opportunities.
- Experience with one or more of the following is preferred: ZScaler, Palo Alto, Cisco, F5, McAfee, Cylance, Bromium, Symantec, Varonis, Vormetric, Tenable, Rapid7, Mimecast, Proofpoint