Information technology is rebooting the workforce one computer, one operating system, one associate at a time. From developing new tools and implementing standards-based applications to managing Garmin servers, email and phone systems, the team uses industry-standard technologies but also creates customized programs to meet the company's needs. At Garmin, IT teams are comprised of associates who share the same passion about what they do every day.
We offer a relaxed team environment (no dress code!) where advancement is found from sharing knowledge, not hiding it! While we promise you a lot of responsibility, you also will have the opportunity to have ownership over projects...oh, and we promise you there will be some fun mixed in there, too!
We are looking for a full-time Cyber Security Risk Analyst for our headquarters in the Greater Kansas City area. In this role, you will be responsible for improving enterprise cyber security risk posture through active engagement with IT, application and data owners. The successful candidate will generate and champion new ideas and initiatives striving for process and technology improvements through the risk management function. Other essential functions include:
- Organize and maintain the cyber security risk portfolio within Garmin's risk management system
- Work directly with application and data owners to drive mitigation of known risk
- Define and implement risk ratings, models, and hierarchies to identify the impact, severity and overall risk of vulnerabilities
- Review red teaming results with key stakeholders through qualitative scoring following NIST 800-39 to prioritize remediation efforts.
- Track, measure, validate, and report on risk identification, stakeholder notification, and remediation efforts.
- Assign a preliminary risk profile by identifying the information security risk factors based on data classification, design, and functional purpose and use
- Specific attention to the following control areas is required: authentication, authorization, access controls (network and user), secure transmission and storage, encryption/key management, segmentation and network zoning, data flows, third party access and connectivity and functional purpose.
- Determine if any compensating controls are necessary due to inability to comply with the primary control requirements. Facilitate and help determine compensating controls when needed.
- Complete and present to Security management and business sponsors a risk assessment evaluation articulating risk and impact analysis when security controls cannot be met by an initiative to ensure transparency and appropriate level of acceptance.
- Maintains Information Security policies, standards, procedures, technical security baselines as applicable
- Regularly contribute to management reports covering information security risk treatment, mitigation, and risk metrics.
- Collaborate and build relationships with IT colleague's core business partners for continued security education and awareness.
- Participate in the strategy and day-to-day operations of the risk management function within Garmin's cyber security program
Qualified candidates possess a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Business or another relevant field AND a minimum of 5 years relevant experience OR a Master of Science Degree in one of the fields noted above AND a minimum of 3 years relevant experience. Other requirements include:
- Strong understanding of industry frameworks and best practices (ex. NIST, ISO, OWASP, CIS, etc.)
- Detailed understanding of network design, security protocols and cloud integration security, with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of project management skills including design review, threat modeling and risk profiling while working across a large, distributed organization. Must apply the understanding to a diverse IT community to include policy, regulations, and compliance requirements.
- Must be team-oriented with proven skills in influencing people without having direct management authority and motivating them to successfully mitigate risk within required timelines.
- Excellent communication skills including both verbal and written
- Consistently demonstrates quality and effectiveness in work documentation and organization
- The ideal candidate must be able to convey complex security issues and risks while maintaining a positive relationship with key stakeholders
- CISM, CISSP, PCIP, ISA, or equivalent certifications preferred.