Do you love solving problems? What if your problem solving could make the next scientific breakthrough possible or ensure our national cyber missions are secure? Does working with a diverse team of specialists in fields from cyber security to space exploration sound interesting?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our team at APL.
We are seeking motivated cybersecurity professionals to help us develop a secure information systems that will keep some of the most innovative projects safe. As a member of our team, you'll create system security plans, make cyber risk decisions, and conduct audits on classified information systems. Our team of hardworking technical specialists are motivated by one common goal - securing our systems to enable national security missions. We strive to foster an environment of collaboration where the best idea prevails.
As an Information System Security Manager...
- Your main responsibility will be to ensure classified systems follow government and APL regulations while still meeting program demands and operating in an accredited state.
- You will lead all aspects of SSP development, maintenance, accreditation/re-accreditation, and oversight, including conducting periodic reviews to ensure compliance.
- You will function as lead contact for IS security inspections, tests, and reviews by oversight authorities.
- You will support the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) and the Chief of Classified IT Compliance in carrying out the Laboratory's Classified Information Security Program.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Have acquired a BS in Computer Science, Cyber Security, or a related field; 8+years of relevant cybersecurity experience; and one of the following current certifications: CASP+, CISSP, CISSP Associate, CAP, or GSLC.
- Have 5+ years working with the RMF, DAAPM, NISPOM, JSIG or other equivalent security frameworks.
- Are an outstanding communicator in both written and verbal forms.
- Hold an active Top Secret level security clearance by your start date and can obtain a TS/SCI+poly level clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
- Can demonstrate that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. To ensure the safety and well-being of the community, APL has established a policy requiring that all staff be vaccinated against COVID-19. All staff members must provide proof of full vaccination or have an approved medical or religious accommodation by their start date.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
- Have worked as an Auditor, ISSO, ISSM, ISSE, Security Architect or Cyber Risk Manager for 5+ years.
- Held cybersecurity positions in classified DoD or IC environment for 8+ years.
- Currently have active TS/SCI, or TS/SCI+poly security clearance
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation’s most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates.