$80K — $100K *
DescriptionSYSTEMS ANALYST- SENIOR (NIWCA-20-1307-W):
Bowhead seeks a Systems Analyst Senior to support a new proposal effort for Network Services Operations and Engineering Support for the NIWC Atlantic. They will provide technical program support for requirements by evaluating and assessing existing, new, and emerging technologies that have the potential to improve customer capabilities in the areas of work processes, applications, communications, data processing, software re-engineering, data storage and retrieval, and network architectures for Naval Information Warfare Center (NIWC) Service Centers, NIWC Research Development Test and Evaluation (RDT&E) networks, Department of Navy (DoN) Component Enterprise Data Center CEDC engineering and transition, and DoN Development, Security, and Operations (DEVSECOPS) application pipeline efforts.
Primary Location will be Charleston, SC, however requirements to lead team members in all of the following locations exist:
• NIWC Atlantic (Norfolk, VA)
• NIWC Atlantic (New Orleans, LA)
• NIWC Atlantic (Portsmouth, VA)
• NIWC Atlantic (Washington, DC)
• NIWC Atlantic (Patuxent River, MD)
Essential functions will include:
• Ability to plan and organize work and interact with technical and non-technical personnel translating user requirements into responsive applications.
• Demonstrated detailed knowledge of IA concepts and requirements.
• Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of DOD military specifications and standards.
• System design integration planning for multiple large-scale installations.
• Hardware and software Evaluation
• Application and System Assessments, planning execution and management.
• System requirements planning and oversight.
• Technical development product milestone scheduling.
• Responsible for understanding Navy operational capabilities, requirements, and RDT&E alignment.
• Provides expertise to effectively identify, document, and adapt capabilities and requirements.
• Aligns disparate capabilities and technical demonstrations to solutions based upon comprehensive requirements.
• Identifies best practices, engineering management and program/portfolio management techniques, organizational development, activity and data modeling, and/or systems development methods and practices.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Bowhead seeks to network with qualified individuals relative to a potential opportunity, which is contingent upon award and not currently funded. Please click the link at the bottom of this posting to apply for consideration. Incumbent employees are encouraged to respond. No solicitations or third party applications will be accepted.
Requirements• Bachelor's of Science Degree and ten plus (10+) years technical support to Navy Service Center applications within RDT&E and Enterprise Corporate Solutions (ECS) Service Centers.
• Three plus (3+) years’ experience with any or all of the following: software requirements, operational requirements, installation, test and evaluation, advanced system architecture, and training.
• Certification in at least one the following: Routing/Switching/Networking for Juniper or Cisco, OS for Windows or Linux Variant, VMWare, Firewalls, MS SQL, Active Directory, or SPLUNK.
• Advanced level skills in Microsoft Office software suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team
Valid through: 10/30/2020