To ensure success, this cyber security integration engineer must display an excellent understanding of technology infrastructures using Firewalls, VPN, Data Loss Prevention, IDS/IPS, Web-Proxy, and Security Audits. Top candidates will be comfortable working with a variety of technologies, security problems, troubleshooting of the network, facilitating penetration testing and technical/security architectures including Cloud solutions. The individual must be comfortable working with software developers, engineers, architects, vendors and business constituents.
Senior Cyber Security Engineer Responsibilities:
- Ensuring that the organization's data and infrastructure are protected by enabling the appropriate security controls and infrastructure
- Evaluating complex environments, determining integration requirements, making recommendations, and overseeing implementation of solutions to meet organizational security needs
- Troubleshooting security and network gaps
- Establishing and disseminating secure software development practices
- Responding to all system and/or network security breaches with the monitoring and operations teams
- Participating in the change management and architectural review processes.
- Testing and identifying network, applications and system vulnerabilities; both on premises and in the Cloud
- Daily administrative tasks, reporting, and communication with the relevant departments in the organization.
Cyber Security Engineer Requirements:
- A degree in computer science, IT, systems engineering, or related qualification
- 8 years of work experience with incident detection, incident response, and forensics.
- Experience with Firewalls (functionality and maintenance)Office 365 Security, Secure Development, and Endpoint Security.
- Proficiency in Python, C++, Java, Macros and/or Power Shell.
- Expertise with Cloud based tools such as: O365, internet and network monitoring tools
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail with an analytical mind and outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Great awareness of cybersecurity trends and hacking techniques