At Criterion Systems, we developed a different kind of business—a company whose real value is a reputation for excellence built upon the collective skills, talents, perspectives, and backgrounds of its people. By accepting a position with Criterion Systems, you will join a group of professionals with a collaborative mindset where we share ideas and foster professional development to accomplish our goals. In addition to our great culture, we also offer competitive compensation and benefit packages, company-sponsored team building events, and advancement opportunities. To find out more about how Criterion can help you take your career to the next level please visit our website:
We are looking for candidates to help deliver full lifecycle development and sustainment for the Department of Homeland Security's (DHS) National Cybersecurity Protection System (NCPS). The NCPS assists more than 100 federal civilian government agencies with the protection of their networks against advanced cyber threats. Under this contract, you will support the government in the design, development, operations and maintenance services for the NCPS. Together we will build the mission critical cybersecurity solutions that will enable the timely dissemination of threat warnings and improve information sharing across DHS's stakeholder community.
Criterion is looking for qualified Cyber Security Incident Responder who can support our customer in the detection, response, mitigation, and reporting of cyber threats affecting the client networks. This position requires shift work (nights/weekends).
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide support in the detection, response, mitigation, and reporting of cyber threats affecting client networks.
- Maintain an understanding of the current vulnerabilities, response, and mitigation strategies used in cyber security operations.
- Produce reports and briefs to provide an accurate depiction of the current threat landscape and associated risk. Accomplish this using customer, community, and open source reporting.
- Provide analysis for correlated information sources.
- Facilitate the customer's posturing itself to aggressively investigate cyber activity targeting customer information and its information infrastructure.
- Liaison with other government cyber threat analysis entities, such as intra-agency and inter-agency Cyber Threat Working Groups.
- Analyze and report cyber threats as well as assist in deterring, identifying, monitoring, investigating, and analyzing computer network intrusions.
- Additional duties may include providing intrusion support to high technology investigations in the form of computer evidence seizure, computer forensic analysis, data recovery, and network assessments.
- Must have active/current Top-Secret clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI and DHS suitability prior to starting employment.
- 6 years of related experience with a Bachelor of Science Degree OR 4 year of experience and a master’s degree or 8 years of professional experience may be considered in lieu of a bachelor’s degree.
- Hands-on experience in the detection, response, mitigation, and/or reporting of cyber threats affecting client networks and one or more of the following:
- Experience in computer intrusion analysis and incident response
- Experience with Intrusion detection
- Computer network surveillance/monitoring
- Knowledge and understanding of network protocols, network devices, multiple operating systems, and secure architectures.
- Experience in computer evidence seizure, computer forensic analysis, and data recovery.
- Computer network forensics.
- System log analysis.
- Experience with current cyber threats and the associated tactics, techniques, and procedures used to infiltrate computer networks.
- Current experience with network intrusion detection and response operations (Protect, Defend, Respond and Sustain methodology).
- Current experience with cyber threats and the associated tactics, techniques, and procedures used to infiltrate computer networks.
- Demonstrated ability to document processes.
- The ability to respond to crises objectively.
- Proficiency with MS Office Applications.
- Must be able to work collaboratively across agencies and physical locations.
- Experience supporting DHS, Federal Civil, Intelligence and/or DoD Customers.
- Computer Forensics experience.
- Malware reverse engineering experience.
- Experience with Risk and Opportunity management.
- Scripting experience (python, perl, etc…).
- Experience with process development and deployment.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Prior experience with data visualization products such as Analyst Notebook is desired.
- Prior experience with Splunk.
- Prior experience working in one of the following highly desired:
- Security Operations Center (SOC/NOSC).
- Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT/CIRT).
- DOD/FED Cyber Intel organization.
- DCIO/MCIO, with Cyber Counterintelligence focus.