Become a personal contributor in our mission to connect the world. Viasat Network Engineers innovate in an environment that encourages collaboration while challenging the status quo. Join the industry leader in satellite communication and technology and take control of your professional pathway.
Our culture empowers us to do the right thing and explore technology that will benefit people across the globe. It is uniquely Viasat and, intentionally, not like any other company.
As a new graduate we understand that seeking your dreams is your ambition….and achieving them is ours.
* Residential broadband service - over 700K customers and growing
* Viasat Satellite technology holds the Guinness World Record for highest capacity communication satellite
* Our in-flight Wi-Fi connectivity is presently streaming Amazon Prime and Netflix on providers like JetBlue and United Airlines
* Secure communication services - trusted encryption and networking solutions (government, military, critical infrastructure & utilities
Our Cyber Security team is dedicated to keeping our customers secure and safe from malicious cyber-attacks while preserving our casual, startup atmosphere. On Viasat’s multiple networks we see cyber-attacks every day including those from Advanced Persistent Threats (APTs). We employ the latest technologies to secure, monitor and defend our networks (Security Information Event Management, Predictive Analytics including Machine and Deep Learning, Deception networks, etc). We employ cyber security engineers who can think like an attacker and work in a collaborative environment to create innovative security solutions that are capable of detecting and automatically responding to the most advanced attacks at network speeds and scale.
WHO YOU ARE ….
You are an engineer or computer scientist who has domain knowledge in networking and programming with a passion for cyber security.... are you ready for an exciting opportunity working hands on with the world’s most cutting-edge secure networking and cyber security technologies to defend a global satellite network from APTs that simultaneously supports residential, commercial, and government users? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment where you are being counted on to implement proactive, intelligence-driven cyber security solutions capable of responding to cyber-attacks before they ever happen? More importantly, you are looking to innovate the next generation of cyber security technology, leapfrogging beyond what’s out there today.
WHAT YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE…
Use your secure network and security expertise to identify and fix system vulnerabilities; design cyber resilient networks of the future; test, troubleshoot and deploy cyber security solutions; support Security Operations Centers (SOCs) that go well beyond commercial best practices to prevent, diagnose, contain, respond and resolve complex security incidences. You will get to apply complex science methodologies to an evolving cyber threat for supporting the SOC in accomplishing its mission toward monitoring and prudent eradication of cyber threats on our network in real-time.
WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO…
Use orchestration, automation and cutting-edge technologies (e.g., artificial intelligence) to improve the security posture of our networks and make our SOC more effective and efficient. Gain knowledge of cyber weapons that adversaries possess including the tactics, techniques and procedures they need to accomplish their objective. Learn to analyze and use threat intelligence of internal trending or attacks to other organizations to help with empirical evidence in supporting predictive hypothesis’s that help in providing proactive defenses and analytics toward identification of cyber threats already in the network. Work in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment interacting with multidisciplinary teams, subject matter experts and industry leaders including a broad spectrum of staff members, support organizations, customers, and technologies on a regular basis.
* Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Cyber Security or related discipline and/or a related field
* Intermediate level knowledge of TCP/IP, networking stack
* Fundamental knowledge of Windows and Linux OS (file structures, network settings, processes)
* Extensive experience with C++, Python, Power Shell, Bash or other equivalent scripting or programming language
* Excellent customer service, troubleshooting, problem solving, critical thinking and communication skills (oral and written).
* Interested in pursuing a career in cyber security or security engineering
* Ability to travel up to 10%
* Previous internship experience in cyber security
* Working knowledge of industry standard vulnerability scanners (Nessus, Nexpose, Retina, etc.)
* Working knowledge of secure OS features (ASLR, DEP, Virtualization of memory addresses)
* Previous experience with automated enterprise build orchestration tools (i.e., Jenkins)
* Previous experience in reverse-engineering malware or obfuscated code.
* Experience in developmental test and evaluation
* Prior experience with standards and frameworks (CIS, STIG, NISPOM, FISMA)
* Knowledge of Mac OSX (File structures, network settings, processes)
* Master’s Degree in Cyber Security (focus in practical application)
* OSCP, CISSP, CCNA, CEH, or other networking or security certificates
* Course work in network design, security, programming, and cryptography
* Demonstrable experience with network mapping tools and network data flows
* Knowledge of malicious activity and malware tactics
* Experience using penetration testing tools and techniques (Kali Linux, OWASP, PTES, etc.)
* Previous research in current and emerging cyber technologies to document capabilities and vulnerabilities