- This role will support the Senior Information Assurance Engineer and Information System Security Manager to ensure issues affecting JPARC’s overall security are addressed.
- Responsibilities include working alongside application developers, system administrators, vendors, etc. to validate and remediate identified vulnerabilities.
- Work with the senior IA engineer to complete the Risk Management Framework (RMF) process for JPARC and other PACAF (Pacific Air Force) networks as required.
Education and Experience Qualifications
- A Master's degree or Bachelor's degree with 3 years experience in Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field is required. Will accept substitution of experience for education with government approval.
- Must possess at least four years of hands-on technical experience with a minimum of 2 years of experience in Information Assurance or hold a Master’s degree in this technical area.
- Must possess a CompTIA Security+ certification.
- Must be able to work independently and provide timely status updates as managing multiple tasks.
- Strong customer service, organizational skills, knowledge of applicable DoD/Government policies and procedures are required.
- Demonstrated exceptional ability to troubleshoot complex systems required.
- Must be an effective communicator and possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- An excellent understanding of information security concepts, principles, and best practices are required.
- Interpersonal and collaborative skills and the ability to communicate security and risk concepts to technical and non-technical audiences are required.
- A high level of personal integrity and the ability to professionally handle confidential matters with proper judgment is required.
- Must be willing to travel up to 20%.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Certifications such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC) are preferred.
- Experience using ACAS (Assured Compliance Assessment System) preferred.
- Must hold an active Department of Defense Secret Security Clearance.
- Must be able to obtain a Department of Defense Top Secret Security Clearance.