Join our cybersecurityengineering team. We are responsible for the security and IAVA implementation that supports development, integration, test, and cybersecurity of the DCGS-A family of systems and products. The cybersecurity team identifies, researches, and implements a full IAVA approach and performs security scanning within an environment both for physical and virtual infrastructure. Our goal is to enhance system security while not impeding performance of the services that support our organization.
As a cybersecurity engineer, you will be part of a team that provides SecurityEngineering support to the Software Engineering Center (SEC) Intelligence Support Division (ISD). To include evaluating system security requirements to ensure all software releases and development systems can be accredited for processing at appropriate classification levels in compliance with applicable policies, regulations, and guidelines. Specifically, you will:
- Support and advice on Information Assurance issues/concerns in all phases of development throughout the software life cycle.
- Develop and prepare technical reports and related documentation for Certification and Accreditation (C&A) packages
- Coordinate with software developers to implement Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) changes that apply to the DCGS-A family of system baselines
- Support securityrisk analysis, mitigation, evaluation, and reporting in support of IA C&A processes
- Research and analyze DoD and Department of the Army (DA) policies to mitigate implementation problems that may impact the ACAS implementation
- Develop draft ACAS sustainment support documentation for updating and utilization of current and future DCGS-A architectures, change control, configuration management, and operations procedures
- Design and prepare technical reports and related documentation, and makes charts and graphs to record results
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or otherEngineering or Technical Discipline and five (5) years of professional work experience (or twelve (12) years’ of professional experience, appropriate computing environment certification, and IA Workforce System Architecture and Engineer (IASAE) Specialty qualified experience in place of a degree) is required.
- Must be knowledgeable with the Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), and all assessment and authorization policies and directives (i.e., DoDI 8510.01) for RMF
- Two to three years' experience installing, configuring, administering and operating Tenable Security Center and Nessus Scanner, known as Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) in the DoD environment.
- Demonstrated experience with virtualization in a DoD environment
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Linux or Solaris operating systems and networking
- Knowledge and experience in working with Firewalls
- Knowledge and experience in working with Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems (IDPS)
- Familiarity with the DIACAP program
- Ability to work independently and in a mentorship position
- Current DoD 8570 IAT level II certification requirements (including Security+)
- Active TS-SCI Clearance
- Demonstrated skills and expertise in the following technologies: SQL/XSQL Server Administrator (SA), Microsoft O/S and security, Information Assurance (IA), IP Data Networking and Vulnerability Assessment product engineering and design, IP network vulnerability scanner Tier 3 support, REM 3.X / Retina 5.X and greater, ACAS Security Center 4.X / Nessus 5.X or greater and HP Tenable Nessus products.
- IAT-III with CISA, GCIH, GCED, CASP or CISSP
- Familiarity with RMF program
About The Organization
Sotera Defense Solutions, Inc. (Sotera) is an agile, mid-size national securitytechnology company that delivers innovative systems, solutions and services in support of the critical missions of the Intelligence Community, Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security and federal law enforcement agencies charged with ensuring the safety and security of our nation. Our 1,200 employees are focused on delivering essential counterterrorism, cyber operations, intelligence, data analytics, C4ISR and force mobility solutions to our customers throughout the national security community.
Sotera Defense Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.