Polaris Alpha (EOIR Technologies) is seeking a Cyber Security to support the System Administration, Information Assurance and ATO process for research and development (R&D) laboratories at one of the Army’s R&D Centers of Excellence, CERDEC I2WD located in APG, Maryland.
As a member of the Polaris Alpha team, the Cyber Security Engineer will have opportunities to provide technical expertise with systems security, IA, and engineering across multiple Labs. A key role will be to support the Lab’s Accreditation & Authorization (A&A) efforts including:
• Implement the Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (EMASS) and DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF) lifecycle
• Perform computer and/or network security vulnerability assessments.
• Analyze and evaluate vulnerability results to determine, recommend, and developed solutions to reduce risks, threats, and vulnerabilities.
• Develop and review security documentation (POA&Ms, SCTM, SSP)
• Update eMASS project details and records
• BS (MS preferred) in Computer Science/Engineering or similar field
• 5+ years’ experience in implementing the EMASS and RMF lifecycle
• Must possess DoD 8570 compliant security certifications to meet IAT requirements (Security+, etc)
• Experience with DIACAP, RMF, ICD 503, CNSSI 1253 and NIST Special Publications.
• Experience writing, developing and reviewing security documentation such as POA&Ms, SCTM, SSP
• Demonstrated knowledge of Information Assurance (IA) and enterprise IA solutions
• Experience selecting, assessing, and engineering security controls via NIST SP 800-53 and CNSSI 1253
• Experience providing engineering analysis, design and support for cross-domain solutions (CDS), firewalls, routers, network devices and operating systems
• Experience in performing security audits and intrusion detection system logs for system and network anomalies
• This position requires the selected candidate to hold (or to be able to obtain) an active Department of Defense TS/SCI level security clearance, with CI Poly which requires US citizenship while working in support of a government contract.