Are you passionate about solving challenging problems?Do you thrive being a critical part of an elite team of like-minded people?How would you like for your next career move to take you to the next level?If any of this sounds appealing, look no further.Job Description:
The Cyber Security Engineer (FireEye) supports a mission-critical federal government cybersecurity program. They contribute to a team of information assurance professionals working to improve the technical security posture of an enterprise network. The position performs engineering support and system administration of FireEye host/network appliances and software to include installation, configuration, maintenance, patching, and back-up/restore. The position provides subject matter expertise in creating, editing, and managing signatures, rules, filters, and custom content. The position troubleshoots appliance and analysis issues and offers solutions. This position's primary work location is McLean, VA but occasional site visits must be made to an office in McLean, VA.Basic Qualifications:
- Clearance: TS/SCI with Full Scope Polygraph
- Education: Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of relevant work experience. Additional experience may be considered in place of a degree.
- FireEye experience - minimum of 3 years of deploying, configuring, customizing, and supporting FireEye host/network appliances and software
- Strong understanding on FireEye configurations and limitations
- Ability to solve complex integration challenges and debug complex configuration issues
- Experience with enterprise host/network security and intrusion detection
- Intermediate level understanding of Linux and Windows operating systems
- Effective verbal and written communication skills that include the ability to describe highly technical concepts in non-technical terms
So, what does Novetta do?
- Education: Master's degree in technical discipline
- Certifications: Security+, GIAC GSEC, or other relevant network security courses
- Completion of FireEye training courses
- Splunk familiarity
- Experience creating technical documentation of as-built architecture, networking, designs, and configurations
We focus on three core areas: Cyber, Entity, and Multi-Int Analytics. Our products are focused on processing and analyzing vast amounts of data in these core areas. Our services are focused on helping our customers move from complexity to clarity. At Novetta, we bridge the gap between what our customers think they can do and what they aspire to achieve.Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our Core Values:
GET A REFERRAL BONUS FOR THE GREAT PEOPLE YOU KNOW
- Integrity: We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
- Customer Mission Success: Customer mission success drives our daily efforts-we strive always to exceed customer expectations and focus on mission success beyond contractual commitments.
- Employee Focus: We value our employees and demonstrate our commitment to them by providing clear communications, outstanding benefits, career development, and opportunities to work on problems and technical challenges of national significance.
- Innovation: We believe that innovation is critical to our success - that discovering new and more effective ways to achieve customer mission success is what makes us a great company.
With our amazing referral program, you could be eligible to earn
outstanding rewards for referring qualified new hires to Novetta.Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.