The Cyber Security Engineer should have a solid understanding and demonstrated experience of foundational computing concepts, such as: virtualization, networking, and networking services (such as DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, routing and switching). This should be coupled with familiarization of securitytechnologies such as IDS/IPS, firewalls, AV, PKI, SSL, and VPN.
This is a full-time salaried position, located in Vienna (Tysons), Virginia.
The engineer will participate in all aspects of system integration including design, requirements analysis, testing, implementation, and validation. The successful candidates will also conduct independent technical investigations in systems design as well as analyze and resolve program deficiencies.
Candidates should be analytical, have a strong technical ability, effective task management skills and the ability to communicate effectively. They will be required to maintain security documentation and be able to bridge the gap between technical details and a non-technical audience.
Successful candidates will:
• Be comfortable navigating and working in a command line environment
• Demonstrate analytical problem solving and troubleshooting ability
• Be willing to learn new technologies
• Have a basic understanding of networking and protocols
• Have experience with multiple operating systems (Linux, UNIX, Windows variants)
• Have experience with Cyber Security Tools and Scanners (Nessus, Nexpose, Wireshark, etc.)
• Be able to work independently and as a part of a team
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or technical discipline and a minimum of 4 years directly related experience; education may be substituted with work experience
• Ability to obtain a DoD security clearance
Preferred Education, Credentials and/or Experience:
• Prior system integration or system deployment work preferred
• Desired Certifications: CISSP, CEH, Security+, MCSE, RHSA/RHCE, Oracle/MySQL or related.
• Desired Software Experience: IT-GRC Products (Agiliance RiskVision, RSA Archer, RSAM), VMware, Databases (Oracle, MSSQL, or Equivalent), Vulnerability Scanners, Vulnerability Threat Feeds, Host Based Security/Anti-Virus, SIEM tools.
• Knowledge of DoD Assessment and Authorization/Risk Management and Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG) processes
• SQL experiencepreferred