Job Description Join our cyber security research and consulting group located in Princeton, NJ, and engineer security solutions and generate research results for security based on Data Analytics methods for our internal customers. In this role, you will work closely with a team of expert Data Scientists, Data Analytics Experts, and Cyber Security Experts in the role of security domain expert to search for and develop new and better methods to detect and protect against attacks based on data analytics methods. You will have the opportunity to work with industrial applications and Siemens products and solutions, in domains such as control systems used in energy utilities that are part of the nation’s critical infrastructure, smart factories, building automation systems, intelligent transportation systems, and innovative new products and solutions developed by Siemens. Our close contact to different business units in Siemens provides the opportunity to contribute to and gain experience in real industrial applications. What will be my responsibilities?
- Your job will be to contribute to development projects and research projects as an individual contributor or (sub-)project lead, that focus on using data analytics methods and approaches to create new and improved security features for Siemens products, solutions, and services, as well as internal services.
- Your role in multi-disciplinary teams, that bring together experts from the data analytics and cybersecurity domains, will be that of a cybersecurity expert, bringing to the table your understanding of cybersecurity, both on the reactive/detection as well as on the protective/preventive side.
- You will assess known, state-of-the-art security analytics approaches and products to determine where existing technology best solves a customer’s problems, and develop solutions and services based on and/or integrating best-in-class solutions and products.
- You will contribute to research projects (including Government funded projects) that explore, innovate on, and develop new security analytics approaches and methods, or extend known approaches to new realms of the Siemens business scope.
What do I need to qualify for this position?
- M.Sc. in Computer Science, Information Security, Mathematics, or other relevant field required. PhD preferred
- 2-3 years of relevant experience in Cyber Securityrequired, or relevant internships / PhD research projects
- Excellent up-to-date technical and hands-on knowledge & experience in current attack methods and approaches to detect attacks; expertise in industrialsecurity / OT securitypreferred
- Excellent up-to-date technical and hands-on knowledge & experience in standard data analytics methods (e.g., machine learning, neural networks, clustering, etc)
- Proficiency in a scriptinglanguage like Python, PowerShell, LUA, or Bash.
- Problem solver who sees a roadblock and figures out how to get around it with a strong hands-on and can-do attitude.
- Willingness to travel, up to 10% (domestic/international)
- Successful candidate must be able to work with controlled technology in accordance with US Export Control Law.
Requisition Number: 223543