Cyber Security Analyst
Staffing & Recruiting
Hope you are doing well!
We have an opportunity for Cyber Security Analyst with one of our Direct client in Santa Clara, CA.
If interested, please send me a copy of your resume, your contact details.
Title: Cyber Security Analyst
Location:Santa Clara, CA
Terms: 18+ Months
Role and Responsibilities:
1. Conduct vulnerability assessments on a wide variety of technologies and implementations utilizing both automated tools and manual techniques
2. Educate engineering/DevOps/IT teams on best security practices
3. Develop subject matter expertise in topics to include: network, database, wireless and application security assessments, and adversarial networkoperations
4. Troubleshoot and handle security incidents in production
5. Research and analyze known hacker methodology, system exploits, and vulnerabilities to support methodology development and execution
6. Utilize common vulnerability assessment and penetration testing tools
7. Assessing and hardening security configurations for SaaS, PaaS, and containerized Cloud systems, traditional operating systems, applications and services
8. Create written reports, detailing assessment findings and recommendations
9. Work as part of a penetration testing team, taking direction from team lead(s) and executing directives in a thorough and timely fashion
10. Perform securityresearch, analysis, and testing via threat modeling, vulnerability assessment, penetration testing, and/or social engineering across a wide variety of applications, platforms and systems
11. Clearly outline and document risk impacts of test findings in reports
1. Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience in a similar role.
2. Experience in the IT industry (system administration, software development, etc.)
3. Experience with UNIX / Linux and Windows operating systems, major network devices (Cisco, etc.) and at least one type of database
4. Experience in developing and deploying critical security architecture solutions such as SEIM, Firewalls, IDS/IPS, Proxies, DLP, Virtualization, and Host security solutions.
5. Demonstrable technicalexperience with Web Application Penetration Testing
6. Demonstrable technicalexperience with assessment tools: Metasploit, Nexpose, Kali Linux and Burp Suite
7. Experience / understanding of networking - port numbers, services, protocols, TCP - IP stack, OSI - Model
8. Understanding of OWASP
9. Expertise in Python, C, C++, Powershell, Bash, etc.
1. IT Security Certifications like CEH, OSCP, etc.
2. Knowledge of Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) requirements
4. Knowledge of applications, database, and Web server design and implementation
5. Knowledge of open security testing standards and projects, including OWASP
6. Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal