Cyber Security Analyst
5 - 7 years experience • Software
This position is located in Los Angeles, California, will fill a cyber-intelligence role, focused on the protection of critical infrastructures and is responsible for producing domain-specific, mission-related analysis for the national security community and private sector clients.
Are you curious about exploring ways to improve efficiency in multi-faceted situations? The Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) encompasses a multitude of technical disciplines, capabilities, and applications that stretch the imagination and allow staff to pursue new ideas, resulting in world class research, development, engineering, and analysis. While PNNL’s main campus resides in Richland, Washington, it boasts a research facility in Seattle, Washington, and has multiple staff embedded in sponsor locations, where we provide unique expertise to our sponsor missions.
- Analyze large network traffic data sets and the produce finished reports that will range from short vignettes to wide and encompassing strategic analysis products.
- Collaborate with analysts in the development of threat reporting that is appropriately documented;
- Developing expert opinions and judgments on areas of responsibility
- Provide timely support to sponsor requests
- Maintain currency on emerging threats and relevant intelligence and open source reporting.
- Research leads, understand the technologies and techniques used to analyze the data, evaluate hypotheses, and fuse intelligence reporting with network data to produce high quality reports.
- Prepare portions of written deliverables, complete research tasks as assigned and draft portions of intelligence products as well as present results to peers and senior executives.
- Prepare and give briefings to sponsors and customers, engage with customers, and provide timely feedback and trouble-shooting to customer requests
- Provide technical leadership and critical thinking in identification of sponsor needs and assembling technical teams to support changing sponsor requirements and missions.
- Work with dynamic teams and in a challenging environment that is shared with sponsor.
- Communicate technical and complex concepts to staff and management possessing differing levels of technical breadth.
Operating on the data-information-knowledge continuum, staff at PNNL employ diverse methods to confront significant problems of national interest—from distilling distributed data into knowledge that supports decision processes, to enabling resilient technologies that enhance computing at extreme scales, to equipping cyber defenders with tools that prevent damaging cyber-attacks.
Our research portfolio—spanning from basic to applied—includes data and computational engineering, high-performance computing, applied mathematics, semantic and human language technologies, machine learning, data and computing architectures, systems integration, and software and application development.
Computing researchers and practitioners work side by side to apply advanced theories, methods, algorithms, models, evaluation tools and testbeds, and computational-based solutions address complex scientific challenges affecting energy, biological sciences, the environment, and national security.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PNNL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse, talented workforce. EOE Disability/Vet/M/F/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Staff at PNNL must be able to demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States.
Five years’ experience and a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field (technical degreepreferred), Intelligence Analysis, Strategic Thinking, International Relations, Political Science, or a Master’s degree and 3+ years’ experience, or a PhD.
Experience in two of the following three areas:
- Principles and practices of network security monitoring
- Intelligence analysis
- Data Analysis
- Solid communication skills
- Ability to work in and support operations in a classified environment.
- Must be adaptive to a dynamic environment with rapidly shifting priorities.
- Understanding or proficiency of the network protocols used in various critical infrastructure applications.
- Education or experience in computer science, network engineering, SCADA/process controls or analysis of big data.
- Proven ability to create solutions to complex problems and relationships.
- Experience in leadership positions of dynamic teams.
Organization and Job ID
Job ID: 306924