Cyber Security Analyst (Engineer II)
Job ID: 20829
CYBER SECURITY ANALYST
The Mission Systems Operations Contract (MSOC) is seeking a Cyber Security Analyst that is dedicated to increasing their experience and knowledge in Cyber Security to join a close knit developing team of Cyber Security professionals. Our ideal Cyber Security candidate will have a strong drive to apply and continually update his/her skill base. They will also have the skills to manage and aid in the rollout of SIEM and other tools for incident investigation, containment, and remediation efforts.
Responsibilities May Include:
• Responding to security events and security alerts
• Investigating security incidents and aiding in the incident response process
• Developing detailed reports on security investigations
• Managing and improving the SIEM and Incident Response platforms
• Making improvements and suggestions to advance the overall security processes in place
• Offering remediation and mitigation solutions based on vulnerability discoveries
• Managing internal policies and procedures
• Experience analyzing log files and correlating security related events
• An understanding of common security controls (Firewall, IDS/IPS, Antivirus, etc.)
• Familiarity with Windows and Linux operating systems and the system’s command lines
• A foundational understanding of computer networking fundamentals and the TCP/IP model, along with common ports and protocols.
• Good problem solving and analytical skills
• Strong communication skills
• An understanding of exploits, common vulnerabilities, common network intrusion methods, and various attack patterns and tactics
• Experience working in an enterprise SIEM and with cyber case management tools
• Background in managing and using different security controls (Firewalls, IDS/HIDS, Antivirus, etc.)
• Background in digital forensics for security investigations and data retention
• Background in data analysis for security incidents
• Having experience reverse engineering
• Relevant certifications might include: Associate of (ISC)2 for CISSP, SANS Global Information Assurance Certification Security Essentials Certification (GSEC), CompTIA Security+, Check Point Certified Security Principles Associate (CCSPA), Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCSPA), Red Hat Certified Administrator (RHCSA), and Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE).
• Familiarity with the following tools for security operations is desired: ServiceNow, Splunk, VMWare, SourceFire, Symantec Endpoint Protection, BigFix, McAfee Vulnerability Manager, PaloAlto Panorama, and Solarwinds
*Position requires shift work as part of 24/7 operations center
Preferred candidates will hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, MIS, Math or a related area and 5 years of position related experience. This position also requires successful completion of a government background check before commencement of employment.
Successful candidates must have an active secret level clearance or higher.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy of the SGT is to provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. SGT hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. SGT believes that employees should be provided with a working environment which enables them to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. We expect and require the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.