United Technologies Corp. (UTC; NYSC: UTX), headquartered in Farmington, Connecticut, is a global leader in aerospace and building technologies. Our aerospace businesses — Collins Aerospace Systems and Pratt & Whitney — are redefining the future of flight with next-generation aircraft engines and integrated systems and components. Our commercial businesses — Carrier and Otis — are pioneering intelligent building solutions and services that enable people to live and work in more modern, safe, secure and sustainable environments. We are a company of 240,000 people, founded by some of the world's greatest inventors and committed to tackling some of society's biggest challenges.
Reporting to the Associate Director, Cyber Security Data Governance, this position will execute overall strategies aimed at both reducing risk with the DT environment and ensuring compliance with various regulatory requirements & policies, including UTC IT/DT policies and Federal Regulations including International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS). Primary responsibilities will include the following:
- Track and ensure the timely closure of Cybersecurity compliance & regulatory controls corrective actions assigned across UTC and the BU's .
- Lead the effort to document the requirements & standard work to digitize/automate the issue tracking and closeout effort through the design, development and implementation of the "Issues Management" module in Archer.
- Support the design, development and implementation of other Archer modules that will feed information into the Issue Management Module.
- Support the design, development and implementation of other Archer modules that will require information that is managed in the Issue Management Module.
- Provide regular status reports to Cybersecurity management on overall issue status, remediation plans, aging reports, overdue matters, and other reports as needed
- Perform control assessments and other internal compliance reviews / audits as needed.
- Participate in integrated compliance project working groups and deliverables, including the new DT policy roll-out, compliance process design, and risk assessment development.
- Lead & execute special Cybersecurity compliance projects primarily within the DT applications area, including developing project approach & plans, tracking progress and managing issues
- You are a U.S. Citizen (required due to Government contractual requirements)
- You've obtained a Bachelor's Degree (required). Preferred fields include Computer Science, Management of Information Systems, Engineering or Business Management
- Minimum of 5+ years' experience in managing and delivering IT projects in large multinational organizations
- Advanced degree in a preferred field
- You hold or have the ability to obtain and/or maintain a Department of Defense Secret Security Clearance as a condition of employment
- Experience using the Archer application
- Certified PMP with history of project management, process development and/or implementation that span organizational boundaries
- Ability to effectively influence and direct the actions of those not within the direct reporting chain is essential
- You're a dynamic problem solver with the ability to critically evaluate information gathered from various sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details and apply sound business knowledge into crafting solutions and creative new ideas
- Ability to learn quickly, evaluate, understand and interpret business processes
- Act in partnership with the business and be recognized as a valued contributor to the business
- Ability to multi-task and work independently, as well as work across teams, some of which may be geographically distributed
- Proven effective utilization of Six-Sigma, Continuous Improvement, or Achieving Competitive Excellence (ACE) and a history of driving process improvements. Associate Certification is strongly preferred
- Self-starter with willingness to take initiative, support strategic priorities, take ownership of assigned projects/initiatives and contribute to results and ability to work with a minimum supervision
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and solid track record of teamwork, adaptability, innovation and initiative
Bachelor's Degree (required). Preferred fields include Computer Science, Management of Information Systems, Engineering or Business Management
Master's Degree preferred
Technical Certifications preferred include CISSP, Security+ or equivalent are highly desired but not required
Professional Certifications preferred include ITIL, Agile, PMP or equivalent are highly desired but not required