Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 237 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Global Financial Crimes Compliance is seeking a highly talented, self-motivated and professional individual to develop and implement, in collaboration with key partners/stakeholders a best-in-class Cyber Intelligence Investigations program under Global Investigations. This role requires the ability to define the strategic roadmap, drive the planning, execution and communication of initiatives necessary to develop a robust program for conducting intelligence – driven compliance investigations for both cyber enabled crime, and cyber incidents, to include insider threats. This role also requires a self-starter with the ability to think critically and strategically, seeing beyond the initial facts presented and reviewing information thoroughly and in a highly organized manner to drive matters to conclusion. The qualified applicant must be able to operate independently and manage multiple competing priorities with difficult deadlines.
- Display leadership by engaging and partnering with key internal stakeholders, to include functions within the Office of the Chief Information Security Officer and Enterprise Risk, Compliance and Security (Compliance Privacy, Incident Management, and Global Safety and Security) to develop an intelligence-driven Cyber Investigations program.
- Think and act critically in identifying opportunities for collaboration, to include strategically developing and maintaining internal and external relationships with law enforcement and others, in support of intelligence - driven cyberinvestigations.
- Develop big data initiatives, identify and manage vendor / third party relationships and define appropriate use of analytics, automation and monitoring tools to detect and investigate cyber matters
- Program manage and develop awareness raising materials for the Cyber Investigations Program, to include metrics/reporting, and supporting efforts to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Identify broader policy and product issues where applicable, in the scope of critically analyzing investigative leads and root cause and developing recommendations to mitigate risk.
- Identify and define cross-functional dependencies between and among stakeholders, to include developing and implementing efficiencies and improvements in controls and processes.
- Provide leadership, and as necessary, lend support to leadership in managing daily team functions to include coordinating activities of junior team members.
- As necessary, utilize knowledge, experience and sound judgment to conduct a timely and thorough end-to-end investigation to identify internal misconduct, to include triaging the referral, creating an investigation strategy, conducting investigative research, gathering evidence, fact finding, conducting witness and subject interviews, and making a determination on misconduct and recommendation with regard to potential employment action.
- This role also requires a self-starter with the ability to think critically and strategically when handling investigations, seeing beyond the initial facts presented and reviewing information thoroughly and in a highly organized manner to drive the investigation to conclusion.
- As necessary, draft timely detailed investigation reports to shareinvestigative findings and recommendations with stakeholders to include Senior Leadership, Information Security, the business and others on a need-to-know basis, and draft high quality Suspicious Activity Reports/regulatory reporting at the conclusion of the internal investigations, as warranted;
- When applicable, report and refer matters to local law enforcement for potential prosecution of the subject(s).
- As necessary, deliver verbal and written briefings to internal and external partners and key leaders.
- Conduct post-case analysis of trending issues and provide recommendations to internal partners on the development and enhancement of controls to mitigate risk; and
- Other related tasks as required.
- Bachelor’s degreerequired or equivalent work experiencerequired.
- Minimum of six years professional experience conducting complex financial crime investigations, with specific experience with cyber –enable crime,cyber - incidents and insider threats.
- Experience at PayPal preferred and valued. Consideration will be given to candidates who have less than six years’ investigative experience but have PayPal institutional knowledge and have demonstrated strong skills applicable to the role.
- Proven ability to analyze large amounts of data in order to report critical information and identify trends and typologies.
- Ability to understand opposing points of view on highly complex issues.
- Proven knowledge of Anti-Money Laundering regulations and guidance such as the Bank Secrecy Act and USA PATRIOT Act.
- Advanced data query and analysis skills (SQL, SAS, Teradata, Hadoop, etc.).
- Prior SharePoint experience a plus.
- Experience working with data acquisition and forensic examination.
- Prior law enforcementexperience a plus.
- CFE and/or CAMS designation a plus.
- Travel, as needed
- Solid writing skills with ability to both write persuasively, and convey complex matters in clear and simple written form.
- Expert oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate complex information accurately, clearly and quickly to all levels, and in large or small group settings
- Provide suggestions and demonstrate problem solving abilities.
- Excellent project management, organizational, presentation and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure and make sound decisions;
- Display a high level of professional judgment, commitment, integrity, and teamwork;
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to positively influence teams through a climate of change;
- Understanding of how businesses operate (both internal and external) and results oriented with the ability to identify the long-term effects of decisions /solutions on customers and the business;
- Establishes effective partnerships with internal clients, dedicated to meeting their expectations and requirements, has established working relationships that enable self-direction in gathering requirements and scoping work; strong ability to work within a team
- Working with management, develops project scope and goals from high-level objectives; receives direction in terms of the desired outcome or strategic objectives.
- Works independently and may make decisions and/or socialize recommended decisions.
- Proficient at identifying problems, able to see hidden problems and shows ability to make connections among previously unrelated notions. Uses knowledge, creativity and company practices and priorities to obtain solutions to complex problems.
- Accountable for a process.
- Proficient in the use of a personal computer and its applications, including Windows and Windows based applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.).
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.