What you’ll be doing...
Verizon's Research, Intelligence, Solutions, and Knowledge (RISK) Intelligence team is responsible for collecting, analyzing, and delivering intelligence to measure and manage information securityrisk. In support of that goal, we draw heavily from internal and external sources to maintain one of the largest and most detailed repositories of security incidents in the world. We are seeking a trustworthy and qualified team member to assist with the growth and development of this information resource along with related services and research efforts that utilize it. Specifically, this position will focus on collecting, aggregating, classifying, manipulating, analyzing, extracting, mining, reporting, and visualizing forensic data for a variety of purposes. These purposes include, but are not limited to, threat and attack modeling, risk analysis and management, intrusion and compromise detection, product augmentation and innovation, incident response and law enforcement support, and research and publication efforts.
As with all RISK Intel members, this position will also monitor evolving threats and vulnerabilities, collaborate to create new products, improve existing ones, and deliver services run or supported by the RISK Intelligence team.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in the information security field; including threat hunting, cyber operations, or cyberthreat research.
- Experience manipulating and analyzing structured and unstructured datasets for cyberthreat research purposes.
- Database design and administration experience.
- Network and system administration experience.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Ability to weave together effective solutions to unique problems using a combination of existing tools and custom code/scripts.
- Broad knowledge of information and communication technologies and the diverse policies, practices, and technologies used to protect them.
- Strong aptitude for both independent and team-oriented work, analytical research, critical thinking, and mastering new concepts and technologies.
- Able to quickly parse out “the big picture” from copious amounts of information as well as dwell on the minutia whenever necessary.
- Excellent character and discretion in handling sensitive and critical information.
- Knowledge of and experience with incident response and digitalforensics.
- Background in exploit, vulnerability, malware, netflow, and log analysis.
- Experience managing and delivering successful client engagements.
- Proven ability to design, draft, and publish high-quality technical and business-level reports, studies, whitepapers, articles, and blogs.
- Firm grasp of data and statistical analysis methods and software.
- Understanding of data visualization concepts.
- Strong verbal and presentation skills.
- Project Management experience.