This position will perform assessments of systems and networks within the networking environment or enclave and identify where those systems and networks deviate from acceptable configurations, enclave policy, or local policy. This is achieved through passive evaluations such as compliance audits and active evaluations such as vulnerability assessments.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Establish strict program control processes to ensure mitigation of risks and supports obtaining certification and accreditation of systems. Includes support of process, analysis, coordination, security certification test, security documentation, as well as investigations, software research, hardware introduction and release, emerging technology research inspections and periodic audits.
- Assist in the implementation of the Risk Management Framework (RMF), through the required government policy (i.e., NISPOM, JSIG, ICD etc.), make recommendations on process tailoring, participate in and document process activities.
- Perform analyses to validate established security requirements and to recommend additional security requirements and safeguards.
- Support the formal Security Test and Evaluation (ST&E) required by each government accrediting authority through pre-test preparations, participation in the tests, analysis of the results and preparation of required reports.
- Document the results of Assessment and Authorization activities and technical or coordination activity and prepare the System Security Plans and update the Plan of Actions and Milestones POA&M.
- Periodically conduct a complete review of each system's audits and monitor corrective actions until all actions are closed.
- Bachelor’s degree with 9 years of experience or 13 years of relevant experience in lieu of bachelor’s degree or 7 years of relevant experience with a master's degree.
- Active Top Secret security clearance. (Last investigation within the last 6 years)
- Current IAM DoD level 3 (CISM, GSLC and CISSP or CISSP Associate).
- Bachelor’s degree with 9 years of relevant experience or 7 years of relevant experience with master's degree with a current IAM DoD Level certification (CISM, GSLC, CISSP or CISSP Associate).