Cyber Incident Response Team Analyst Senior
At Capital Group, how we work is defined by shared values that include absolute integrity, respect and collaboration. But it’s more than that. It’s smart and highly driven people united in purpose to serve our investors and one another.
Bring your energy and unique perspective to Capital and you’ll have the opportunity to grow with us professionally, personally, and financially. You’ll be part of a team that genuinely cares about helping you succeed. You’ll work alongside talented colleagues, many of whom build long careers while progressing through multiple roles, establishing lifelong friendships and making a difference in our communities. In return for your contributions, you’ll receive premier compensation and benefits, and a company-funded retirement plan that ranks among the most generous.
Capital Group is looking for a Senior Information Security Analyst to join our world-class Cyber Incident Response Team. Capital Group’s Cybersecurity Response Team systemically detects and responds to securitythreats by seeking actionable intelligence from our internal and external environments in order to protect Capital Group’s sensitive information and critical infrastructure. They use state of the art technology in a custom built operations center in San Antonio, TX. Members of the team are highly motivated, professionally respected and regularly brief at global cybersecurity conferences about our capability. We are looking for a highly motivated, security focused and technical authority to be a cyber-incident response lead at Capital Group. The successful candidate will have an extensive background in penetration testing and ethical hacking and he or she will help shape our Cyber Incident Response team through the use of developed understanding of attacker capabilities and intent. The role will include: • Extensive ‘purple team’ lab work emulating attacks and working with the detection team to create and test actionable alerts for our production environment. • Providing response to high-severity, escalated incidents from our tiered incident response team where deep technical knowledge during response will be very important. • Leadership of the Incident Response process and mentoring of lower tier analysts. Responsibilities:
- Simulate active attacks in a lab environment and work with our detection team to create actionable alerts for the production environment.
- Remain up-to-date on the latest hacker capabilities through training, study and with the help of our dedicated cyber-intelligence team.
- Test production alerts for efficacy against hacker capability.
- Deliver value to the business by reducing the risk of compromise through incident response.
- Develop, mature and streamline incident response playbooks.
- Prepare incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
- Guide the triage team, ensuring that incidents are properly analyzed, cataloged and escalated (as appropriate) into incidents.
- Maintain and promote the high standards required of a world class cyber defense capability.
- Identify, prioritize and implement new tools and processes.
- Engage with security projects and roadmaps to ensure IR requirements are captured and delivered.
- Gather, analyze and maintain forensics to support investigative, risk and mitigation efforts.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to less-experienced team members.
- Collect and communicate metrics and incident reports verbally and in writing to a high standard.
- Conduct threat-hunting activities to identify, analyze and report on activity and trends that could be indicative of risk.
- 5+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas: cybersecurity, incident response/management, or relating to the field of Information Security
- BS or MA in Information Security, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field
- Advanced APT Penetration Testing Techniques
- Experience in 0 Day Malware Analysis
- Experience in Cyber Incident Response
- Experience in Cyber Incident Detection
- Firewall, Proxy, IPS, IDS, AV, Endpoint security expertise
- Network Traffic Analysis
- Computer forensicsexperience
- Experience in UNIX admin/Windows admin
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
Founded in 1931, Capital Group is one of the world’s largest and most trusted investment management companies and home to the American Funds. We manage more than US$1.39 trillion in assets, and our 7,500 associates make our clients their first priority every day. When we do our job right, millions of investors around the world fulfill their dreams and financial goals, from home ownership and higher education, to a comfortable retirement. Our long-term investment results and outstanding service set us apart from our competitors, while our workplace sets us apart from other employers. We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we comply with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit discrimination when making all decisions about employment. As equal opportunity employers, our policies prohibit unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including gender and gender identity), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, AIDS/HIV status, political activities or affiliations, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Req ID: 15343