Cyber Incident Management Consultant
Summary of This Role
This position is required to support the unique incident response needs of the Threat Management Center and the entire TSYS Information Security Division.
The Cyber Incident Management Consultant is an expert in the field of incident response. Successful candidates typically have 8-10 years of Incident Response as well as technical certifications to reinforce their practical experience. The Cyber Incident Management Consultant has strong coordination, communication and collaboration skills as well as a highly proficient technical and architectural understanding.
On a day to day basis the Cyber Incident Management Consultant will coordinate and assist with identification and response to incidents as well as proactively propose improvements for how to reduce risk and potential future incidents. This position will also conduct and oversee the Cyber Problem Management and Cyber Incident Root Cause Analysis capabilities of the Threat Management Center.
Evaluates, tests, recommends, develops, coordinates, monitors, and maintains information security policies, procedures and systems, including hardware, firmware and software . Ensures that IS securityarchitecture/designs, plans, controls, processes, standards, policies and procedures are aligned with IS standards and overall IS security .
Identifies securityrisks and exposures, determines the causes of security violations and suggests procedures to halt future incidents. Investigates and resolves security incidents and recommends enhancements to improve security. Develops techniques and procedures for conducting IS securityrisk assessments and compliance audits, the evaluation and testing of hardware, firmware and software for possible impact on system security, and the investigation and resolution of security incidents.
What Part Will You Play?
- Research monitoring of complex systems and response to known and emerging threats against the TSYS network via intrusion detection software
- Manages detailed, comprehensive investigation of security issues by reviewing the results of work of Analysts I, II, Senior and/or Specialist on analyzing security log data, interpreting data in support of securityevent management process from various data feeds and triaging on a wide variety of securityevents.
- Consults on incident handling process which includes implementation of containment, protection and remediation activities.
- Mentors on new and emerging threats that can affect the organization's information assets, researches the third party software/solutions, IT configuration changes (including access control requests), and network/system architecture from risk perspective, and provides appropriate direction.
- Responsible for the design and configuration of security systems, including proxy, remote access, mail gateway, intrusion prevention, wireless networking, data leak prevention, security information and event management and web application firewalls.
- Mentors on assessing and disseminating threats related to the enterprise in regard to current vulnerability, on managing and developing an emerging threat model.
- Consults on relationships to risks based on changes to implementation of ISO(
International Organization for Standardization)/BSO(Business Services Online); counsels on PCI(Payment Card Industry)/Logical Security guidelines and models, HIPPA(health insurance portability and accountability act), PII(Personally Identifiable Information ), and Card personalization.
- Oversights cost effective solutions for system/application development regarding Information Security processes and concepts in applicable systems and software.
- Acts as the subject matter expert on Information Security functions pertaining to computer access control on numerous security software products and processes. Researches and stays current on the latest trends, best practices, and technology developments
- Understands business objectives and provides direction based on best practices, risk, Corporate Policy, and association and regulatory guidelines.
- Researches and implements the long term strategies for conducting system penetration, vulnerability and web application testing, risk assessments, policy creation.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- Bachelor's Degree
- Relevant Experience or Degree in: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Info Security, or related field. Or relevant work experience.
- Typically Minimum 8+ Years Relevant Exp
- Including network operations or engineering or system administration on Unix, Linux, MAC(Message Authentication Code), or Windows; proven experienceworking withsecurity operations, intrusion detection systems, Security Incident Even Management systems, and anti-virus collection logs; including knowledge of industry standard security compliance programs((PCI(Payment Card Industry), SOX(Sarbanes-Oxley) , GLBA(Gramm Leach Bliley Act)), etc.). Knowledge of industry standard security compliance programs ((PCI(Payment Card Industry), SOX(Sarbanes-Oxley) , GLBA(Gramm Leach Bliley Act), etc.)
- Professional certifications CISSP(Certified Information System Security Professional),CISM(Certified Information Security Manager) ,CISA(Certified-Information-Systems-Auditor),GSEC(GIAC Security Essentials) ,Network +,Security +