Do you like solving the hardest computing problems in the world, working on research projects you are passionate about, and competitive mini basketball, and bumper pool? Battelle may be the company for you.
Battelle Cyber Engineers solve the hardest Computer Science problems in the world. We work in small agile teams to push the bounds of computing technology. Our high-powered computer labs include specialized software and hardware, so our engineers are unencumbered to push Cyber to new heights. Battelle offers opportunities to recent graduates to learn the skills required to move to the next level.
Our team is casual. We usually wear t-shirts and jeans. We are a close-knit group and enjoy participating in social activities outside of work. Whether it is visiting local restaurants, bowling, Korean BBQ, or paintball we always have a good time.
Battelle is committed to its employee's professional growth. We encourage new ideas with our large Internal Research and Development (IRAD) program where engineers work on projects they are passionate about. Employees partake in multiple paid professional trainings per year.
Performs; work assignments of moderate complexity relating to the research, requirements, planning design, development, testing and packaging of cyber tools.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS
- Collaborates with the Cyber Innovations Team to improve reverse engineering and embedded system development capabilities, integrating hardware, software, and reverse engineering tasks
- Identifies and articulates strengths and weaknesses of solutions, conclusions and problem approaches during technical discussions.
- Demonstrates awareness of deliverables and their role within the project plan. Identifies and executes steps necessary to complete less structured assignments with limited guidance from SMEs.
- Works with internal and external stakeholders to prepare and present technical content tailored to the client's mission. Leads technical discussions, demonstrating command of the technology and adequately fielding questions which arise.
- Contribute to Internal Research and Development (IRAD) studies and may lead small IRAD tasks.
- Seeks out technical experts for collaboration and facilitates technical discussions with lower level staff.
- Demonstrates understanding of business product offerings and contributes to marketing / business development by providing technical expertise during marketing engagements as well as supporting business development efforts led by others.
- Forms technical approach and generates technical volumes for small proposals with minimal guidance and leads Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) creation and labor estimates
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION
- Bachelor's degree with 4+ years' experience in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field of study; Master's degree with 0-6 years' experience; or PhD with 0-2 years' experience, or equivalent experience
- Experience coding in C or C++
- Experience developing and debugging software for embedded systems
- Experience developing embedded microprocessor based systems including digital and analog circuit design
- Familiarity with assembly language programming for at least one family of microprocessors (x86, x64, ARM, MIPS, PowerPC, etc.)
- Familiarity with networking protocols and architecture
- Demonstrates good organization, communication, problem-solving and teamwork skills
- Must be a sole US citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a US government security clearance
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION
- Proficient in microcontroller-based design and analysis
- Able to reverse engineer (RE) and analyze disassembled embedded firmware
- FPGA design expertise using either Verilog or VHDL
- Experience developing or analyzing networking protocols and bus architectures (CAN, I2C, etc.)
- Active Secret or Top Secret clearance.