Are you looking for an exciting position helping build commercial products? If you enjoy a fast paced environment and strive to work with excellent people while delivering commercial products, we are looking for someone like you. Forcepoint has an opening for a Configuration engineer with strong system administration skills.
The ideal candidate will work with Development and Quality Engineering to establish configuration management standards and tools. The Configuration Engineer will be responsible for configuration management, execution, tracking, risk assessment, and documentation delivery to ensure that processes meet or exceed the expectations of delivery and product teams across the organization.
- Identify all of the source, tools, environment, and other components that make up a particular release.
- Integrate source, third party components, data, and deployment externals of a software system in order to guarantee operational stability
- Provide a stable framework for development, deployment, audit and accountability for software components.
- Designs, develops and implements complete configuration management policies and processes to support multiple product lines and services
- Implements environment configuration patterns and practices to allow for consistent single binary code deployment to each environment in an isolated rollback capable fashion
- Integrates Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) tools from concept through implementation with the code to deploy delivery process
- Collaborate with Engineering to establish code versioning guidelines that provide prompt feedback to allow for timely adjustment and revalidation
- Works with Product Management and Engineering to establish code versioning strategy
- Automates to reduce manual error-prone steps and builds out repeatable Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Testing (CT) and Continuous Delivery (CD ).
- Functions as the technical “Tool Smith ” and liaison with release management planning, Change Control Board (CCB) communications and oversight for best of breed build and delivery practices
Education, Experience, and Skills
- Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years professional experience
- Minimum 2 years of directly relevant experience in system and network administration
- Experience with Source Code Control tools (e.g SVN, Git )
- Experienced with implementing and supporting Continuous Integration (CI) tool, Jenkins, etc. for automated build, testing, and deployments
- Excellent written, verbal and organizational skills
- Self-directed worker who takes direct responsibility for on-time task completion in a flexible, collaborative, and creative work environment
- Strong Linux system administration and advanced networking skills
- Ability to setup and maintain commonly used software development tools (e.g. Git, Jira, Stash, Fisheye, Crucible, or Jenkins)
- Strong problem solver and analytical thinker
- Experience managing a virtualized environment
- Ability to program common languages for purposes of automation (e.g. Python, Bash, Perl)
Preferred Education, Experience, and Skills
- Familiarity with common network protocols (DNS, SMTP, HTTP, DHCP, NTP, SSH, and RDP)
- Ability to configure networking devices and services (e.g. routers, switches, firewalls, VLANs, NAS/SAN)
- Ability to install and maintain a basic Windows infrastructure setup (active directory, exchange, windows file share)