This position supports AFIT in setting the grounds for rapid development and delivery of weapon system cybersecurity education in response to urgent needs from SAF/AQ, AFMC/CC, and other communities across the AF. It leads the way for innovative cyber education to anticipate needs, develop course content, and prototype courses. The intent is to provide short term capability to take vague and/or nascent educational requirements, quickly develop/deliver educational modules, and iterate rapidly. This will result in much-needed education modules that will meet immediate and emerging educational needs while longterm, sustainable solutions are developed via standard Air Force education and training processes. The capability will be managed under the Air Force Cyberspace Technical Center of Excellence (AFCyTCoE) at AFIT.
The Cybersecurity SME shall develop, maintain, and deliver course material related to cybersecurity education; document courses in accordance with Air Force and AFIT policies; and conduct post-offering assessments. The Cybersecurity SME will be responsible for interpreting and anticipating vague requirements to develop education content appropriately. The Cybersecurity SME may also participate in consultation efforts, and attend or participate in workshops, conferences, technical interchanges or similar venues as approved by the government on a case-by-case basis. The Cybersecurity SME will instruct on course content in various settings to include traditional classroom settings and distance learning. The Cybersecurity SME will be required to interact with AFIT, AFRL, and external research communities. The SME will be required to travel to different sites to instruct.
- Master’s degree or higher in computer science, systems engineering, computer security, cyber operations, information technology, or related degree
- Minimum ten (10) years of cyberexperience
- Knowledge of and experience with security in cyber-physical and embedded systems
- Ability to perform effective oral and written communication to students in a classroom, teaching environment
- Knowledge of DoD or USAF cybersecurity and acquisition policies and guides
- Knowledge of DoD or Air Force system acquisition processes, procedures, and techniques
- Knowledge of Air Force Test and Evaluation policies and procedures .