Summary of Responsibilities:
The Manager develops and maintains productive working relationships with client personnel and continually assesses clients' satisfaction. Performs most work assigned with minimal assistance. Often leads one or more associates and/or senior associates, instructs them in work to be performed, reviews the work done and directs necessary revisions. The Manager is expected to have a strong understanding of Marcum’s service offerings and make decisions on all but the most unusual information technology and auditing matters. Actively seeks/encourages team members to contribute ideas and identify opportunities to apply the firm's services.
- Performs diversified auditing, regulatory compliance and IT general controls assignments under the direction of leadership.
- Demonstrates competency in technical skills, work quality and application of professional and Firm standards.
- Meets time constraints and client deadlines.
- Participates in planning and scheduling client engagements.
- Directs and instructs associates and senior associates, in work to be performed and working paper review.
- Determines extent of testing required in an audit and selects the transactions to be tested.
- Prepares working papers; performs various procedures established under generally accepted accounting principles to verify accuracy and validity of client’s information technology controls.
- Prepares audit reports and client deliverables with little error or rework required.
- Suggests information technology best practices and recommendations to leadership.
- Prepares routine correspondence to client for approval and signature of a Partner; writes comments for management letters.
- Performs the broadest range of information technology audit tasks so that direct participation of Principals and Partners is kept to a minimum.
- Proactively maintains contact with the client throughout the year.
- Directs fieldwork daily, informs Partners of the engagement status, and oversees staff performance.
- Develops junior associates through effectively delegating tasks, supervising and providing guidance.
- Provides performance feedback and training and conducts job evaluations.
- Fosters an efficient, innovative, and team-oriented work environment.
- Contributes ideas/opinions to the audit teams and others and listens/responds to other team members' views.
- Uses technology to continually learn, shares knowledge with team members, and enhances service delivery.
- Maintains an educational program to continually develop skills.
Education & Experience Required:
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in accounting, finance, management information systems or a relevant degree
- Hold a current and valid designation such as CISA, CISSP, CRISK, CISM.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience working in an advisory firm, at least 2 in a leadership role; demonstrating a progression in complexity of auditing and consulting tasks and knowledge.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office products – Word, Excel, Access and Outlook
- Dedication to teamwork and leadership.
- Strong project management skills.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Integrity within a professional environment.
- Advanced understanding of complex accounting and auditing concepts and application to client situations.
- Prepares other reports and performs projects and duties as may be assigned.