Cisco is looking for a seasoned Customer and User Research expert who can help the business reimagine the customer experience across the entire lifecycle from sales, to support, to product and solutions, by employing highly effective methods to study and research our customers and partners needs and wants. In this position, The candidate is comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and is passionate about representing customers and telling stories about their experiences.
Obsessed with customers and partners, the candidate will use and recommend the right research techniques for the right situation and understand the difference between what people say and what people do in order to tell a full-bodied story about customer lives. They will use a combination of qualitative, quantitative and unstructured data to draw out the insights that tell customer stories. The candidate thrives not only on user research and uncovering insight but also on being able to think big.
You will also be responsible for planning and conducting User Research that will include involve usability studies, workshops, research surveys, and contextual interviews etc. This individual must understand the business requirements, research the needs of the user, analyze research data and translate these findings into meaningful recommendations and actionable items that drive tangible change that directly benefits Cisco’s customers and partners. This role works closely with product managers/owners, delivery and support managers, developers and experience designers, sales/marketing teams to define and improve the experience of Cisco products and services. Most importantly, you relish interacting with customers, testing design ideas and assumptions, and using customer feedback and insights to create the best experiences for them, while meeting product requirements and business needs.
A Strong Candidate Will
· Plan, execute and facilitate onsite and remote research, user interviews and any other relevant user research methods such as field studies and ethnography.
· Create personas and user profiles based on research results
· Systematically help identify, collect, and report metrics from usability tests
· Present findings at all levels within the organization
· Facilitate project communication across a multi-disciplinary team throughout all phases of the project
Who You’ll Work With
You will be part of an innovative CX Experience Design team responsible for reimagining the way customers and partners interact with Cisco.
Who You Are
· BS/BA/Masters in Design, Human Computer Interaction or related degree in Computer Science with an HCI specialty, Human Factors, Psychology, related field or equivalent experience
· 7 to 10+ years of experience conducting research using different techniques at various stages of product development
· Demonstrated ability to understand technical concepts and structure research that simplify these concepts
· Must be experienced in conducting user experience research and using the right techniques as required throughout the product development process
· Experience with in-person and remote usability and UX research tools
· Provide teams with research context and perspective on what will make a product easy to use
· Understanding and experience with industry standard user-centered design process
· Ability to work independently as well as cross-functional groups
· Strong cross-cultural communication, collaboration, and organizational skills with an ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
· Excellent time-management, multi-tasking ability, and the ability to prioritize
· Strong visual and verbal communication skills
· Skills in Interaction Design, Visual Design, and Prototyping are a plus!
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference. Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
· We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
· We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
· We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
· Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco