Summary: The role of the RDM Release Manager is to be accountable and to coordinate cross functional, multiple phase network implementations, engineering support and service delivery work. They direct tasks, decipher requirements, manage communications and updates, escalates/takes escalations, tracks and manages synergies and dependencies supporting network implementation deliverables. The RDM Release Manager works closely with assigned Engineers, Program and Project Managers and other support and service providers. The RDM Release Manager focuses and forecasts the delivery track of multi-phase work against change and release calendar(s). The RDM Release Manager needs to understand the technical implementation/change processes, supports the Implementation Engineer throughout implementation (pre-during-post) and the full change management process.
- Exempt Salaried position based upon experience; weekly salary broken down hourly for invoicing purposes only.
- Long term contract with possible contract extension or hire
- Standard work hours: Mon-Fri mainly. Hours of support varies. Does occasionally include nights/weekends.
- Location: Telecommuter anywhere in the U.S.
- Client Addendum will need to be followed. Copy will be provided at the time of candidates offer acceptance.
- Must have the ability to understand and translate business requirements into engineering and or implementation details.
- Ability to manage Network technical/engineering/implementation resource tasks and service delivery. This includes FTE/FTC/vendors and partners.
- The candidate must have excellent client interfacing skills, vendor/third-party resources, strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to work with all levels of management. Candidate should have experience operating with colleagues across different time zones with a flexible approach to working hours (ability to work varied hours and weekends a must) in order to successfully interact and communicate on a global level) if needed.
- Accountable to manage the “end or end” successful technical or solution delivery of assigned tasks partnering with Network engineering/implementation teams, program/project manager or directly with the requestor.
- Takes direct accountability for the engineering resources and all assigned work tasks. Is accountable for the STI/Release and Deployment tasks (prior to; up to, during and post the change window through Production Day-One).
- Develops, tracks, reports and manages engineering delivery tasks.
- Anticipates and proactively resolves issues and conflicts within and between engineering delivery work-flows and all other stakeholders.
- Provides regular and pro-active status to STI/Release and Deployment management. Anticipates issues and reports them to STI/Release and Deployment management. Escalates as needed or as appropriate.
- Advocate on behalf of CTO Operations/STI; ensures we communicate/report statuses, issues, positions effectively and in a clear way.
- Works with the various program/project managers to establish release/impact/risk trackers and calendars for the work they are accountable for. Work with other program/project managers and the engineering and delivery teams (i.e. field services) to understand internal/external and associated dependencies. Reacts to them proactively and effectively.
- Responsible report and monitor progress against the release calendar; communicate release details and schedules to the stakeholders as required. Proactively manage conflict.
- Identifies and/or challenges schedules that could create conflicts; evaluates all recommended changes and ensures implementation schedules do not interfere with business operations/other changes.
- Works with engineering/implementation to ensure that all the necessary documentation has been successfully completed for each release and task.
- Works with engineering/implementation to raise Request for Change (CRQ) for engineering specific changes. Ensures appropriate change details are documented.
- Reviews change requests for completeness, from description, documentation, risk/impact, and post-implementation
- Participate in the change management board; conducts release readiness reviews as appropriate.
- Arranges and facilitates appropriate post-implementation review activities if/as needed
- Maintains 100% compliance to all firm-wide Change Management policies (pre, during and post change).
- Participates in incident and problem analysis for possible consequences of a change and its implementation.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, business or a finance related field/technical training or equivalent experience preferred.
- Minimum 8+ years experience required in a Technical role supporting network project/programs.
- Industry Certifications in PMP, ITIL are strongly preferred, technical certifications such as CCNA are a plus. Experience with Change Management and CAB processes and procedures a must.
- Strong background in IT service delivery role.
- Financial services (Insurance, Banking, Investment banking), is a plus.
- Ability to be nimble and flexible; prioritize work load, proactively react to issues and consistently react to shifting deadlines.
- Ability to create meaningful data that contributes to the Change Management and Service Delivery processes.