CustomeRelations Consultant - Team Lead
Since 1851, MassMutual’s commitment has always been to help people protect their families, support their communities, and help one another. This is why we want to inspire people to Live Mutual. We at MassMutual value diversity and inclusion. We’re people helping people.
A career with us means you will work alongside exceptional people and be empowered to reach your professional and personal goals. Our employees are the foundation of what makes MassMutual a strong, stable and ethical business. We seek and value unique and varied perspectives and experiences because we believe we are stronger when all voices are heard. We invite you to bring your bright, innovative ideas to MassMutual as we continue to help millions of Americans rely on each other.
Together, we’re stronger.
Giving voice to the customer, the Customer Relations Team Lead manages customer expectations while resolving customer matters based on a thorough review of facts, taking into account the customer's viewpoint, information provided by the producer and/or agency, related regulations, company practices and procedures and the impact to the Company.
Customer Relations Team Lead oversees daily complaint resolution and business partner liaison relations. Focus on delivery of compassionate, customer centric experience and reduction of complaint frequency. Team Lead provides real time feedback to Consultants while creating a culture of open communication and collaboration.
- Foster an open and collaborative team culture through inclusive leadership
- Fulfill MassMutual’s customer commitment through delivery of compassionate, customer centric service
- Sustain a collaborative business partner liaison relationship focused on innovative risk mitigation and reduction of complaint frequency
- Sustain and improve work product quality by providing real time feedback as part of quality assurance review, daily interactions, 1:1’s and Check-In’s
- Assist building a diverse team by helping to identify, select and coach the best people with the right skills and qualifications
- Provide ongoing guidance and career development opportunities to Consultants
- Set challenging stretch objectives
- Actively participate as a member of the Customer Relations/Success leadership team
- Build effective relationships outside of direct span of control
- Consistently deliver on customer commitments, take ownership for resolving escalated and/or complex consumer and regulator complaints
- Act as a role model, demonstrate inclusive leadership, positive communication, and a drive for quality results
- Maintain open and productive communications with fellow leaders within and outside the business, and leverage teamwork with peers to drive results
- Display a solid command of the Winning Ways
- Build effective relationships across business operations, act as an extended member of the aligned business leadership team by participating in strategic discussions and planning; be an advocate for innovative improvements and resolution of issues
- Support independent business decisions that effectively balance customer service with mitigating risk to MassMutual
- Maintain technical understanding of multiple business organizations including: Life and Annuity Operations, Claims, Sales, Compliance, Financial and Legal
- Understand and apply complex legal, statutory, regulatory and contractual requirements
- Proven ability to understand and apply complex legal, statutory, regulatory, and contractual requirements
- Participate in and/or lead projects and special assignments as required; ensuring all aspects of business requirements are completed from concept phase through development and implementation; establish/meet project deliverables and milestones; provide progress status to various levels of management and stakeholder
- Proven solid foundation of customer advocacy
- Accountable for the oversight of highly complex, on-going staff education, detection and reporting. Partner with MMMUS Compliance, Field Investigations, and Legal directly with on-going industry research to establish organizational policies/procedures that will mitigate risk to MassMutual and its policyholders. Understanding of state mandates and federal legislation is necessary
- 8 or more years of financial services product and insurance industry experience
- Experience and understanding of financial and insurance products (Variable/Traditional/Securities/Retirement)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to collaborate and maintain strong working relationships
- Demonstrated ability to champion and adapt quickly to change
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to maintain relationship while standing alone in advocacy of position
- Proven ability to quickly analyze information, assess facts and make complex decisions with appropriate level of information
- Ability to forge strong partnerships across constituencies for purpose of fulfilling MassMutual’s customer commitment, strategy and goals
- Proven ability to mitigate risks while developing consensus across functions to achieve desired results
- Ability to balance big picture thinking while maintaining broad, cross-functional impact
- College Degree Preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
Ranked No. 77 in the annual FORTUNE ® 500 Ranking (FORTUNE ® Magazine, June 2017) and recognized as a World’s Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere, MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As a company owned by our policyowners, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put customers first. It’s more than our company structure – it’s our way of life. We are a company of people protecting people. Our company exists because people are willing to share risk and resources, and rely on each other when it counts. At MassMutual, we Live Mutual.
Focus on the Customer: We understand our customers well and look for every opportunity to deliver an experience that is clear, easy, personal, human, empowering and trustworthy.
Act with Integrity: We deliver on our promises by being open, honest and humble and by adhering to the letter and spirit of applicable laws, rules, regulations and company policies.
Value People: We respect and learn from each other’s diverse backgrounds, experiences and ideas. We engage and develop people to their greatest potential.
Work Collaboratively: We work together to achieve results by actively listening, seeking, understanding and creating solutions as a unified team driving toward one company, one culture, one brand.
Achieve Results: We focus on winning by exceeding expectations and getting better – everyone, every day.
For more information, visit www.massmutual.com or find us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+, Instagram and Pinterest.