CSRA is seeking a Service Desk Supervisor for a 24x7x365 service desk supporting a Federal customer in Washington, DC. This position is under an IT modernization and sustainment program within a component agency of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). The candidate will provide thought leadership in the implementation and operation of the service desk function. In order to more effectively achieve its mission objectives, the component agency must provide technical support to end users to ensure systems are operating with optimal performance, security, and usability. The candidate will conduct all necessary service desk activities to ensure systems are strong, robust, and perform up to standard.
The Service Desk Supervisor will serve as the primary point of contact with the Government and will be responsible for the performance of the service desk team. The candidate will interact with different teams (e.g. network, security, database, Enterprise Management System), users, and Government POCs to escalate issues and ensure optimal IT system function, providing tangible value to our client and users.
Represents company to external and/or internal customers, answering product or service-related questions. Provide customer assistance and problem resolution to a wide variety of customers across business areas. Responds to non-routine customer calls, email and web inquires, providing a single point of contact for problems.
- Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends. Follows processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Acts as advisor to subordinate(s) to meet schedules and/or resolve technical problems.
- Interacts frequently with internal personnel and outside representatives at various levels.
- Participates and presents at meetings with internal and external representatives. Interaction typically concerns resolution of operational and scheduling issues.
- Supervise service desk staff and workloads.
- Develop, motivate, evaluate and coach staff on work and proper call handling procedures through positive communication and feedback.
- Track data, analyze performance, production data, and evaluate improvement opportunities.
- Review and enforce service level agreements (SLAs).
- Set priorities for the team to ensure task completion and performance goals are met such as quality and adherence.
- Coordinate meetings, training sessions and coaching to improve performance.
- Provide user support and customer service on company supported computer applications and platforms. Troubleshoot issues and advise on appropriate action.
- Ensure prompt resolution of issues.
- Assist with identifying and creating SOPs.
- Interview for staff vacancies.
Experience and Skills Required
- The applicant must have a technical background and experience with working on and with service desk teams supporting IT services.
- Must have experience in working with a ticketing system, such as Remedy, Heat, SCSM, etc… (SCSM experience is a plus)
- Strong leadership skills particularly in a dynamic environment with daily customer interaction
- Team building experience. The candidate will assist to build the service desk team from the ground up.
- The ability to resolve issues with little oversight
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- ITIL Foundations V3 Certified (Desired)
- ITIL Intermediate (OSA) (Desired)
- Technical certifications (Desired)
Years of Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (desired)
- Technical degree preferred
- Contingencies: Clearances
- Clearance Level: Secret
- Additional Suitability (agency specific, U.S. Citizenship)