The Customer Support Manager serves as the focal point to manage and own all customer technical support for live client engagements (not including projects during implementation). In this role you will address and directly respond to submitted support tickets, as well as escalating and routing support items through other AutoGrid teams as necessary to resolve issues and maintain AutoGrid Service Level Agreements.
- Provide first line support for customer requests and issues. Implement and maintain a customer support phone number (manned through an "on call" phone tree) as a channel for reporting issues.
- Ensure that every service request is triaged, tracked, routed, and resolved, and that customers are kept updated throughout the process with uncompromising responsiveness. The result is that customers can look on their service desk and instantly know accurate status of all open issues.
- Apply first level troubleshooting and, as required, assign technical issues across the AutoGrid team including Professional Services, Product Management, Data Science, Engineering, and other groups. The result is that all tickets are routed to the best resource to address and tracked meticulously to ensure they receive appropriate attention.
- Be responsible for exceeding AutoGrid service level agreement (SLA) commitments for response time and follow-up.
- Take ownership of AutoGrid's online customer service desk and maintain appropriate dashboards, workflows, and escalation paths to streamline 100% support coverage of all AutoGrid customers. Review dashboards on weekly basis with management to ensure visibility into customer status and high priority issues.
- Upon completion of project deliverables and successful "go-live", facilitate seamless hand-off from AutoGrid Project Management to ongoing Customer Support.
- As necessary, participate in client conference calls to review open service desk items and ensure that customer concerns are being documented and escalated as appropriate.
- Track time spent on Customer Support issues in order to define future hiring requirements.
- Segment time logs by different dimensions (issue type, component, etc.) in order to collect insights on common customer pain points and product shortcomings.
- Work with management to structure and maintain multiple tiers of service level for basic and premium support.
- Champion a culture of customer success in which every customer interaction is an opportunity to solve problems and strengthen the customer's relationship with AutoGrid.
- 5 or more years of customer support experience with SaaS solutions in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with debugging and troubleshooting enterprise software, including databases, networking, APIs, cloud deployments, etc. Preferably related to the electric power industry (but not critical).
- Utmost professionalism and interpersonal skills. Impeccable verbal and written communication abilities. 100% follow up and follow through on commitments.
- Resourceful self-starter. Able to excel without predefined processes, templates, or tasks. Able to proactively seek opportunities to add value across client projects and internally.
- Record of instituting new tools, resources, and hacks to increase effectiveness and productivity of team.
- Effective prioritization. Able to juggle responsibilities across multiple issues, assess relative priority, and represent required tradeoffs to leadership when bandwidth is constrained.
- Proficiency with JIRA Service Desk administration (preferred but critical).